The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Far Rider
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With my dash daq set on the 210 tune and using the green filter, every time I get on it the filter minder gets sucked in and the dash light comes on which obviously means that it's creating a restriction and the whole reason for buy ing this filter was to lesson the restriction. So if I buy the S&B cai will I still have a resriction enough to suck in the filter minder or is there a better cai with less resistance? And I want a real cai not some open box that sucks in hot air from under the hood.

·
172 Posts
I have been running the GREEN filter for 8,000 miles now. 210, 250, 275, no issues living on a dusty dirt road. Maybe theres an issue with the filter minder?

·
1,415 Posts
you over oil it by any chance?

·
773 Posts
I have the S&B, run the 275 or 210 tow and have never had an issue.......

...with the filter.LOL

·
Far Rider
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just recently bought the filter new and put it straight in the truck. I swapped out my filter minder with one from a friends truck and it did the same thing without me even really getting on it, so these filters must be somewhat restrictive when runing these tunes. I think that I will just buy an S&B cai since these get the best reviews and won't throw a cel.

·
172 Posts
there most be another issues or maybe a difference in trucks. My truck with the 275 does not even start to pull the filter minder down.

·
145 Posts
i only got the 250 tune...but have a S&B intake...my filter can be freshly cleaned and oiled and it will suck it 3/4 of the way...i dont get it..ive tired less oil more oil...and if you were over oiling it how could you tell? wouldnt you have oil in the intake tube after the filter? cuz i def. dont

·
52 Posts
I have the S&B intake with a new dry filter and the filter minder will get sucked in 1/4 with the KEM 250 tune and the Spartan 210 tune. I did notice that the filter minder does get sucked in a tad bit more with the dry filter vs the oiled filter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts