The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Whipersnapper
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well let me start off saying that my truck has been tuned since around 200 miles on my odometer. I have only run the 210 because I would need a new clutch to go much more.

My Truck is a 2008 4x4 F350 Dually Crew Cab Short Bed Manual Transmission with 4.10 gears.

During 90% of my driving I tried to stay around 65 but 1 tank I was around 50ish do to traffic and the roads.

-Josh

·
190 Posts
Nice write up and thanks for taking the time to give nice details. I suspect your 21 was the time you were driving in the 50's. Are you even considering going with a higher HP tune?

·
324 Posts
i dont beleive anyone offers a GOOD clutch for more power. i've heard a couple guys with southbends but even then i dont thein the y liked over the 250. IDK

·
Spartan, True Performance
411 Posts
That's about the same mileage I get out of my truck with automatic, so I'm not doing all that bad. I average about 13.4 in the city and since I usually drive around 68 on the highway it usually up in the mid to high 14's...

·
Registered
59 Posts
I was told by my local Ford field service engineer that the stick can't handle a lot of tuning. The torqshift can handle quite a bit more, one reason it is labeled to tow more than the manual from Ford. I do a lot of towing, so I don't know what my mileage is empty, and I know Mick might get a little jealous, but I am getting 13 mpg towing 14k:wedgie

·
Whipersnapper
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice write up and thanks for taking the time to give nice details. I suspect your 21 was the time you were driving in the 50's. Are you even considering going with a higher HP tune?
Yes I want the 275 but I can't justify burning up a clutch for it. Once this clutch dies and I upgrade I will go for the 275 or more if something comes out by then.

Oh and at 65 I am turn 2100RPM and depending on the hill anywhere from 10 to 30lbs of boost.

Incase anyone was wonder you can drift a dually through an intersection and the look on peoples face when they pull up next to you is priceless.:haha

·
190 Posts
Yes I would have to say if you come by me drifitng in a dually if I was crazy enuff to get besides you I would have a strange look as well. Maybe you should save the drifitng for the BMW or Mazada. The clutch may be the least of your problems if you are drifitng in a dually.

·
2,126 Posts
Lol @ ^

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
Nice Josh, Time for a tail run :haha

:five

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts

·
98 Posts
Some info running now for 2 weeks with spartan

That's about the same mileage I get out of my truck with automatic, so I'm not doing all that bad. I average about 13.4 in the city and since I usually drive around 68 on the highway it usually up in the mid to high 14's...
Hey Mick1955, you where right, this tunner kicks %** I got it from Dirty Diesel a day after you pm ed me for any needed help. Thanks by the way! I got her going with no problems. 08 f-305 crew dually 4:30 gears. I went to the mountains with about 5k first running the 210 tune, Averaged about 13.5 at 65mph. Running empty with the 210 I am seeing 16-18 at same speed. Now I got home and installed the 275, works really nice empty, but as the truck got used to it, it got too touchy, while pulling a load i was experiencing bucking, due to the crappy roads here and trailer jerk, throttle being so responsive i could not help to transfer that to the throttle. Only way around this was cruise control. I have the 210 back in went to the mountains again to pick up my holiday trailer... 34 foot with 3 slides not to mention that it is 6 feet higher than the cab... ( some wind resistance ) hah... Any ways she pulled like a freight train! Passing half tons up the passes kicks, sure get some looks!! But she still averaged 10.5mpgs!!! Awsome ! Thanks for the reassurance on the product! She ROCKS! Thanks again! p.s. i emailed 64 calibrations to be able to acess the spartan forum. :happymugs

·
Spartan, True Performance
411 Posts
ShauneSieben - Really glad you like it! I know when I installed both of ours, it was like driving an entirely different truck. Now I'm ready to get the 275 on the wife's truck. It runs good with the 210, but is a dog compared to my dually with the 275...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts