The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im not sure if any of you have read about this but Spartan is currently beta testing a 310HP tune. It is not currently available to the general public so please do not blow up Spartan's email about it. I was able to test it out at Z-Max Dragway and it put down 13.3 @ 101mph. I feel like it could have been even lower as i was only able to get a couple of passes and it could have hooked up better. Here is a video of it.

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
what was your reaction time? Are 12's possible.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Reaction time has nothing to do with your MPH or ETs

I think 12's are possible.

I have the tune...have had it since last Monday...and its way ahead of the 275 tune IMO...hands down a better, stronger, faster tune....daily driver...not really, it drives well though.....EGTs get warm fast...its an all out race tune that hauls!!

·
101 Posts
reaction time doesn't count in your ET. Timing starts when you cross the line, not when the light goes green. Just an fyi if that was why you were asking reaction time.

Kelly

·
171 Posts
do you know when it will be release to spartan owner :eek:)

·
Texas Member
678 Posts
I can't wait!!!!
it would be cool to make a 12sec pass all motor w/ bolt ons and a tune:haha

:peelout

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can't wait!!!!
it would be cool to make a 12sec pass all motor w/ bolt ons and a tune:haha

:peelout
I think 13-13.1 is easily possible. Matt and Nutty still have a lot of testing and refining to do, you guys will be the first to hear when its available.

·
2,183 Posts
if its like 150 or less i'll get it. Otherwise i won't waste the money. I don't go to the track often enough

·
Registered
639 Posts
if its like 150 or less i'll get it. Otherwise i won't waste the money. I don't go to the track often enough
I doubt it will be that cheap....and your right, if you dont go to the track, or just like to have the best its probably not worth it.

BUT, I can assure you even with the raw version I have now...its much better than the 275...I would say its a bigger difference from teh 275 to this tune than from the 250 to the 275

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
All tune!!!!!!

·
Texas Member
678 Posts
I dont care what it costs i just had a ton of fun on my 275 tonight and I cant wait to get this one.

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Looks awesome, but i wont be getting it. the 210 is already to much power for wet roads.

·
Spartan, True Performance
411 Posts
Looks awesome, but i wont be getting it. the 210 is already to much power for wet roads.
Think he should have said wet behind the ears!!!! I really don't care how much power it is putting down. I just know that it runs great. Seems to be a big difference between the 275 and this tune..... Only time will tell!!!

·
499 Posts
well im hoping this new tune isnt that expensive, if its expensive to add on around 40 hp then i would through a couple of more hundred in it and get a nos kit.I think they should do something like if you already have the 275 then you only have to pay like 200 for the 310.. but if you dont already have a high hp tune then you would have to pay full price. I thnk that this is a good idea, but whatever the price is im sure its gonna be worth it, mys well start saving up now..

·
543 Posts
Personally, I think it's a better daily driver than the 275. It does get hot fast, but the shifting is HUGELY improved for around town and the throttle response is razor sharp. NO lag, period.
When this thing is available for sale, I suggest everybody forget about what they are running and buy it...

·
I like beer.
4,301 Posts
Looks like much fun. As I said in other thread about the 310, DAMM! Hope yall have fun with this one! :D

·
Registered
639 Posts
Personally, I think it's a better daily driver than the 275. It does get hot fast, but the shifting is HUGELY improved for around town and the throttle response is razor sharp. NO lag, period.
When this thing is available for sale, I suggest everybody forget about what they are running and buy it...

Honestly I agree...I daily drive with it....I guess I said its not a daily driver cause I am sure someone will get it that feels they should be able to treat it as stock...and when EGTs are warm they will whine about it. Driving a "race" tuned, setup vehicle is a little different than a stocker. You have to first respect the power, and second learn to deal with some of the things that make it do what it does so well...high EGTs, touchy throttle, harsher than stock shifting..etc.

These new trucks were too easy......momma can have a 550hp truck to pick the kids up form school in.....an 18 year old kid that dont even know what a tq wrench is can have a 550 hp truck...this has not been possible before

1 - 20 of 115 Posts