The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Spartan Diesel Tech
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, the wait is over. The 350 tune is now ready! The first revision is for sale starting May 3, 2010. Any future revisions will be free. This is a $100 upgrade for those that already have the 310 tune. Remember that this is an all out race tune. We highly recommend that you use this tune in conjunction with an aftermarket transmission. Head studs would also be advisable for those that plan on running this tune. Remember, this is an all out race tune that is more than doubling the stock horsepower output. Play safe!

·
53 Posts
So Kem (Nutty) has a 345 tune and Spartan (Matt) has a 350 tune or is it the same tune? I'm confused.

·
2,183 Posts
so i have the 275. the 275 to 310 is $100 correct? and the 310 to 350 is $100, so I could get the 310 and 350 for 200?

·
Spartan, True Performance
411 Posts
so i have the 275. the 275 to 310 is $100 correct? and the 310 to 350 is $100, so I could get the 310 and 350 for 200?
That's correct!!!

·
2,183 Posts
Awesome. I've been waiting to get the tcm but i think i'm just gonna go without it and get a suncoast

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts
What is this badboy doin to the stock fuel system? I thought the 310 was clearing rails/more than the stock system should do...

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Its not draining the rails, pump seems to have some left.

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts
I think that the highest tunes + elites or similar pump plus a bottle will be all I'll ever need..mercy. I haven't driven above the 210 for a while now, but studs, pump, wastegate/egr delte and some blue bottles should be plenty for my biggass truck... Thats gotta be in the 750-800 Hp range eh? the 350 tune must be flirting with 600 hp if you have all the extra little goodies..

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
anyone dyno this thing yet?? Or more importanly quarter mile it?

·
Spartan Diesel Tech
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think that the highest tunes + elites or similar pump plus a bottle will be all I'll ever need..mercy. I haven't driven above the 210 for a while now, but studs, pump, wastegate/egr delte and some blue bottles should be plenty for my biggass truck... Thats gotta be in the 750-800 Hp range eh? the 350 tune must be flirting with 600 hp if you have all the extra little goodies..
How about 600+ with the 350 tune, intake, exhaust, and a reliable tranny. Track times and trap speed will prove this to be accurate. The power also stays above 500 hp throughout the RPM's past peak power.

anyone dyno this thing yet?? Or more importanly quarter mile it?
I dynoed it over the weekend, but my stock torque converter proved to be too weak to make good power with it. My truck did 545/1067 and about an hour or so later a truck with the 250 tune did 511/1030 lol.....so you can see there how bad my converter is. It was seeing 185-200 RPM of slip at WOT and 90 RPM of slip at part throttle. Pretty intense tune for the stock tranny.

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts
:peelout

·
113 Posts
Did Matt and "Nutty" go their separate ways? I haven't heard any mention of KEM for some time now. It also seems weird that KEM has a 345 and Matt has a 350. It seems weird that "Nutty" is posing competition to the company that he works for.

·
Spartan Diesel Tech
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Did Matt and "Nutty" go their separate ways? I haven't heard any mention of KEM for some time now. It also seems weird that KEM has a 345 and Matt has a 350. It seems weird that "Nutty" is posing competition to the company that he works for.
Matt and Mike have never done anything but work on some tuning together. Mike has always had KEM Performance and Matt has always had Spartan Diesel Technologies.

·
113 Posts
I was just curious because this is the first KEM tune I have seen since the first DPF delete stuff came out on the SuperChips tuner. I was just curious, not trying to be a d-bag.

·
773 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
I was just curious because this is the first KEM tune I have seen since the first DPF delete stuff came out on the SC tuner. I was just curious, not trying to be a d-bag.
I don't work for Spartan but we have worked together as separate companies on the 6.4L files and R&D of the DD, so you have seen many of my tunes. I have been custom tuning all along, just haven't been promoting it. Matt and I have always had a friendly competition as far as tuning and power levels and there should be no surprise that he has his 350 file (at least he didn't call it the 346 file:haha). Matt may have a little higher powered file for now but it looks as if there might even be higher power levels for the 6.4L in the near future!

Nutty

1 - 20 of 43 Posts