The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
f450. job 3. 4.30 axle
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got my pipes with cat and dpf delete. going to install but noticed that i do not have any brass fittings in any of my mounting holes. i just have 4 welded nuts on the pipes. is this correct, are the threads the same as oem. is it even possible to remove the sensors without damage? put a small box end on one felt like it was going to break off before coming out. i am afraid to start this project with so many unknowns. i am in garage not knowing what to do. i so many threads about missing fittings and wrong threads, has this been corrected?

·
1,077 Posts
The thread that always breaks off is the pressure fitting. And yes most of them do. Or break the coupling that's welded in the dpf off. Just spray the piss out of it with penetrator and take it out very carefully. What I recomend though is to weld a 1/4" nut on in place of the 14mm or whatever size it is and go buy just a regular straight air fitting the same size as the hose. Then just leave the stock fitting in the dpf so you never risk breaking it or screwing up the threads.

·
8 Posts
fittings should all be the same. try unplugging them from the oem and drop the whole thing down carefully (heavy). You will need a cheater to get those to come out. spray lots of something to help make them free up before your start.

george

·
Registered
370 Posts
just got my pipes with cat and dpf delete. going to install but noticed that i do not have any brass fittings in any of my mounting holes. i just have 4 welded nuts on the pipes. is this correct, are the threads the same as oem. is it even possible to remove the sensors without damage? put a small box end on one felt like it was going to break off before coming out. i am afraid to start this project with so many unknowns. i am in garage not knowing what to do. i so many threads about missing fittings and wrong threads, has this been corrected?
Matt is using a pipe that use's all the OEM fittings and probes. They all will come out just be careful and lube them up. Don't use heat. Matt used some of my pipes that did have a brass fitting sound you didn't have to remove the factory pressure sensor nipple. The pipes now are Flo-Pro I think. You be ok just take your time.

·
Registered
238 Posts
We don't mess around removing the factory fitting and just install one of our fittings in the delete pipes. We have seen very few come out with no damage. Besides, if you get the factory one out and reuse it, then have to put the stock exhaust back on, you have to **** around trying to get the fitting out again.

·
1,415 Posts
can you run the delete pipe with just plugs in and make sure the connector is taped off really well?

·
Registered
370 Posts
You will have to run the EGT probes, but you can run a plug and tie the pressure sensor up to the frame somewere(must be plugged in electrically and working on the electrical side) if your running Spartan tuning.

·
1,415 Posts
oh crap, i didnt want to pull the factory once out and theres none in stock for about a week around here. anyone know a dealer with some in stock in northren alberta

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
oh crap, i didnt want to pull the factory once out and theres none in stock for about a week around here. anyone know a dealer with some in stock in northren alberta
If your careful with them then you wont have to worry about messing them up. Just make sure you get oil on them for about an hour. I used Scheaffers Penetro on them an they came out real easy. Then i broke the Pressure Sensor and Super glued it back together. Works good so far. Its nothing to panic about.

·
Registered
370 Posts
If your careful with them then you wont have to worry about messing them up. Just make sure you get oil on them for about an hour. I used Scheaffers Penetro on them an they came out real easy. Then i broke the Pressure Sensor and Super glued it back together. Works good so far. Its nothing to panic about.
This is usually the worse case,the plastic tube part of the pressure sensor breaking. It can be superglued and usually works fine, or it can be just plugged back in and tied up to the harness. That when you need to plug that hole.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You can take the sensor and hose off the fitting so you don't break it make sure you use good oil like KANO KROIL (THE OIL THAT CREEPS) use a good pair of vise grips and shock it, they will come right out. When you put back in use a good antiseize and you will be fine.

·
1,077 Posts
Yes they will come out where you are.BUT .... When you drive around in the winter with the salt and sand splashing on it they get ceased in fast. Soooo when you guys say the fitting comes out no problem, it may for you. I'm just saying that the ones I've seen are a real biotch. That's why I just leave the fittings in each pipe.

·
1,415 Posts
yeah thats my thoughts the salt :eek: i think i will wait till i get new once

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
yeah thats my thoughts the salt :eek: i think i will wait till i get new once
Its up to you whether or not you should buy new ones or not. So if it were me i wouldnt waste the money on new sensors. Im telling you they will come out with Penetro even if you live in Alberta Canada! :D

·
1,077 Posts
Lmao. Do you have any idea how many of these systems I've changed! I've tried EVERYTHING to get them out safely. And trust me, if they've bin driving around in the salt and sand........ They don't come out. It doesn't matter what you spray on them. They don't come out. And a guy from TX cannot know this until he gets on a plane and comes and sees for himself. Trust me they rust and corrode in. I've even broke the bung out of the dpf trying to get them out.

·
1,415 Posts
And whatever i do for my truck is a right off so its not a big deal to pick them up just helps me at the end of the year.

·
88 Posts
If I were to do it again I would also just by new sensors and leave the others in the DPF/DOC. All of mine came out easily except for the infamous one. It stripped inside of the bung and is still in there. Luckily I had a brass fitting lying around that worked perfectly in it.

Jerrod

·
181 Posts
We change them every time because it is not worth the risk in breaking the factory Cat. What happens is that the factory fitting actuall hangs down in the pipe and the threads get cooked. When you start to pull it out all goes well and you think you are going to get it no problem and then you get to the bad part of the threads and if you torque on it engough it will actually rip the bung right out of the Cat. The Flo Pro DPF deletes which is what I beleive Spartan is selling comes with a 9/16 fine thread pipe which I beleive matches the Metric spark plug thread which Ford uses.
If you need a new Vac line fitting we lots in stock that we had CNC built in Red Deer Alberta.

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Lmao. Do you have any idea how many of these systems I've changed! I've tried EVERYTHING to get them out safely. And trust me, if they've bin driving around in the salt and sand........ They don't come out. It doesn't matter what you spray on them. They don't come out. And a guy from TX cannot know this until he gets on a plane and comes and sees for himself. Trust me they rust and corrode in. I've even broke the bung out of the dpf trying to get them out.
:haha Dont doubt the Penetro, its wicked stuff. As for going that far north, forget about it, I already hate 20F temperatures.

·
1,077 Posts
20 isn't bad. It was in the 50s in Sylvan Lake this weekend. Buuuuut its supposed to cool off this week again.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts