The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright first off, just got my truck back with the 310 tunes, but have only been running the 250 for now to give the truck a little break in period, but let me tell you, i am HIGHLY IMPRESSED! Its like a totally different motor with this tuner, its worth every dime, Couldnt be happier

But im wondering which tune is best for long drives and for MPG?

and also, whats the best fuel additive for long runs?

Thanks.

·
Green Goose No Juice
160 Posts
No first hand experience, but from what ive read up on the higher the tune the better the fuel mileage

·
Farmer
122 Posts
Our F-450 gets the best milage by far on the 310 tune

·
142 Posts
310 is best for milage and by far the most fun to drive!

·
24 Posts
Best I've seen was 27MPG (comp reading) doing 65MPH down straight, flat road @ about 2500ft above sea level running the 275.

·
393 Posts
Best I've seen was 27MPG (comp reading) doing 65MPH down straight, flat road @ about 2500ft above sea level running the 275.
No offense, but unless you "hand calculate" your mileage, numbers like this are useless. That's why we call the computer read-out the "Lie-O-Meter".

The higher the "tune", the more it lies.

·
24 Posts
No offense, but unless you "hand calculate" your mileage, numbers like this are useless. That's why we call the computer read-out the "Lie-O-Meter".

The higher the "tune", the more it lies.
Yes, Hence the "Comp Reading" part. Anyway, just finished a 2600km drive from the Yukon back to Alberta, Up and down the sides of mountains with the 250 tune averaging 2300RPM. My average "Hand Calculated" MPG was just over 17. pretty good IMO.

·
176 Posts
I'm getting 14.5 mpg in city driving and 11-11.5 towing 13,500 pound at 72-75 mph on the hwy with the 250 tune (truck info is below). The hwy mileage was done a week ago while on a 1600 mile trip from Atlanta, GA to Joliet, IL. This was a good mix of hills in North GA, TN and KY and then flat land in IN and IL. I pulled a 6% grade in TN at 70 mph in 92 degree heat and never saw an EGT above 1100. I'm very impressed with the larger tune and so far I've picked up approx 2 mpg in the city and a little more then 1 mpg while towing over the 210 tune. While this may not sound like much it's HUGE when you pull a trailer 1000+ miles once a month and the savings quickly added up.

The Spartan Tunes are top notch and well worth the money!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts