The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, Im new to the forum world and looking for some help.

Is there any reason to have both the 250 and 275 tune from spartan? My truck is currently in the shop getting lifted and I am planning on tuning it very soon. I plan on running the 275 as the every day tune, but is there any time that it would be beneficial to also have to 250 tune? I dont plan on towing much except maybe a 24' Donzi 10 miles to the lake and back a few times throughout the summer. Also, any suggestions on the lower HP tunes to get? Im debating whether to get the three highest or the 75, 150, and 210.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
339 Posts

Is there any reason to have both the 250 and 275 tune from spartan? My truck is currently in the shop getting lifted and I am planning on tuning it very soon. I plan on running the 275 as the every day tune, but is there any time that it would be beneficial to also have to 250 tune? I dont plan on towing much except maybe a 24' Donzi 10 miles to the lake and back a few times throughout the summer. Also, any suggestions on the lower HP tunes to get? Im debating whether to get the three highest or the 75, 150, and 210.

Thanks,
Chris
There is really no point in getting both the 250HP and the 275HP tunes. If you get the 275, that's all you will be using anyway. No need for the 250HP tune if you have the 275. I suggest the 150 and 210, other than those two its up to you.

·
124 Posts

Thanks,
Chris
Go with the 275hp tune - I have both and once I upgraded, I haven't gone back. Your selection of the other three (3) agree with mine.

·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot for the help. Thats what I figured, so hopefully I'll be tuned up and strokin soon!

Also, am I correct in assuming S&B is the intake of choice?

Thanks again,
Chris

·
1,077 Posts
Imo they're the best. I would get an S&B with an extra filter and call er good.

·
cool as december
1,032 Posts
^^^ yup all of the above is good advice, youll only use the 275...

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Get the 75, 150, 210, and 275. Drive them from least to greatest hp. You'll be more and more impressed.

·
cool as december
1,032 Posts
^^^ you can save about an hours worth time, by just loading the 275... and um well the other tunes... give you options to click through when your loading a tune

·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice, I appreciate all the help. Hopefully I can get some pictures up when the install is complete.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts