The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just checking here to see if anyone else has this happens - Spartan 275 Tune.

Coming to a light and it turns red, I let off the throttle and let the truck coast, around 45 MPH the torque converter unlocks (for lack of a better term I guess) and the truck seems to coast as it is in neutral. If I let it go and give get on the throttle around 25 the transmission downshifts hard and I get a THUMP! I believe the transmission is still in O/D and the tranny's smarts figures it out as I get into the throttle and it downshifts immediately...

Does this happen to you? How do you avoid this? I can just envision my rear end shattering... I have found if I am coasting and think this is going to happen I push the tow haul mode and it downshifts for me. Could it be a programming issue with the TCM, I mean - should it down shift at ## MPH?

·
2,183 Posts
i've had the same thing happen to me before. twice in the last two days actually. You let off the throttle and coast, and then when you start to ease back into it its like the tranny is lost and doesn't know where to go and then figures it out and SLAMS! into gear

·
git-r-done
457 Posts
I have gotten it after running hard on the 210 tune as well

·
324 Posts
i had it happen with all tunes and stock occasionally. i run my tranny fluid a little higher and it went away

·
Spartan, True Performance
411 Posts
i had it happen with all tunes and stock occasionally. i run my tranny fluid a little higher and it went away
Same here. I added about 2 pints extra, and have not had any more problems!!!

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Does it will all my tunes, and did it stock too.

·
Texas Member
678 Posts
I think I have done it stock too

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Same here. I added about 2 pints extra, and have not had any more problems!!!
Thanks Mick I am going to try this!

Thanks all for the input, at least I know I am not nuts!

·
1,077 Posts
Put in a little more trans fluid and reload tune. Problem will be fixed.

Mick. Your old but YOUR DA MAN! I told you how to fix that problem though I think....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Mick. Your old but YOUR DA MAN! I told you how to fix that problem though I think....
AND Reload? Is this to erase the transmission parameters and have it go through re-learn?

Either way, I still need to update my DashDaq - I have yet to do that. :haha

·
Spartan, True Performance
411 Posts

I think you have too much snow between your ears. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts