The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has tuned their trucks with a Spartan Tuner without removing the DPF?

What types of improvements are to be made? I see their are four (4) tunes up to +150hp, but without removing the DPF, will the MPG's greatly suffer, or will the MPG's stay the same with just more added power?

Is it safe to add the Spartan Tuner without DPF removal on a long term basis?

Thanks in advance!

·
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
"BUMP"

I am not necessarily particular to Spartan, but I know they particularly have DPF on capable tunes. Any other info on other tuner would be appreciated as well, i.e. H&S, SCT, etc.

·
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any additional issues with the engine, DPF, etc., I.e. additional regen cycles, damage to engine with leaving DPF on and running tunes, or do you have the same liability as others?

I guess main question is, is running a tuner long term while leaving the DPF intact safe?

·
Spartan Diesel Tech
969 Posts
I would not recommend a Spartan there tunes are very hard on these trucks. If you want to keep the DPF on try Banks maybe. Just my opinion.
Once again you fail to elaborate on anything. You join a forum and every post you make is to bash Spartan Diesel Technologies. Do you really think people are going to take you seriously? Credibility is key when you try and ruin a companies reputation. From the looks of it, your credibility is.....well, you don't have any. Maybe you should reassess your approach because it is extremely transparent at the moment.

·
Spartan Diesel Tech
969 Posts
I would not call this bashing I had my experience with spartan tunes and did not like them I am just answering the poster above,dont get so upset. The poster is looking for a tuner with a DPF on tune I have read alot about other tuners and alot of people like the banks for the DPF on so get over it.
You deliberately posted in a thread that had not been posted in since September to bash Spartan. Do you not see the transparency in that? Every post you have made on this forum in the last 30 minutes (which is how long you have been a member) has been something blatantly negative about Spartan. I personally don't care what you think about the company I represent. However, if you have a problem simply let me know. I'll do my best to help you. To the best of my knowledge, you didn't do that. I don't know who you are or what problems you are having.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts