The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how will my mpg' be with a dpf delete, 7" dual stacks and tires and lift?
how will it do with a 4-6" lift with 35-37's
what needs to be done to my tranny to run the 350 or 340 tune?

·
Spartan Diesel Tech
969 Posts
how will my mpg' be with a dpf delete, 7" dual stacks and tires and lift?
Getting the DPF off the truck helps a lot. Stacks aren't going to do anything. 35" AT's on the highway will be alright, but around town it will hurt you. A lift isn't going to help because of added drag and weight.

how will it do with a 4-6" lift with 35-37's
Fuel mileage will suffer. The look will be great.

what needs to be done to my tranny to run the 350 or 340 tune?
We don't offer a 340 tune....

We have a 300, 310, and 350 tune. As for the transmission, I would do both a rebuild for the internals and a torque converter if you want to run the 350 tune. I would also consider doing head studs.

·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what are some things i can do to get better mileage, and how much would it cost to do head studs, and a torque converter and rebuilding the internals

·
Spartan Diesel Tech
969 Posts
what are some things i can do to get better mileage, and how much would it cost to do head studs, and a torque converter and rebuilding the internals
Mileage is going to come with a conservative right foot. You can do other things to get your truck more efficient for better fuel mileage, but doing a lift and larger tires ain't on that list. A stock height truck with 3.55 gears, a DPF delete, higher horsepower tune (250, 275, 300), and an intake could definitely pull off some good fuel mileage.

As far as studs go, you would be looking at cost of the studs (ARP or Elite), labor to do the job (going to be high because the cab will need to be pulled), and the other parts needed to complete the job. I think labor and excess parts is about a $1500 job, plus the cost of the studs.

Transmission parts and the rebuild process together is going to be pretty expensive. $1250 for the rebuild kit, $1300 for the converter, $235 for the input shaft and $800ish for the intermediate shaft (if you go that far with it). Labor is going to depend on the shop you use. I would recommend finding a shop that is very reputable.....a shop that has done MULTIPLE 5R110W transmission rebuilds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts