The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had to take their truck in for service after using the spartan? I hear that they are supposed to be undetectable if you take them off and re-install the dpf. Any truth to that?

·
100 Posts
I have not but I have heard that all that thay can see is that the battery has been unhooked.For Ford to see anything outher than that the coumputer has to be sent to Dayton Ohio

·
100 Posts
Good post 96Bronco. I was wondering the same thing myself.

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
There are posts on this.... and there are quite a few different thoughts on it so I would try a search because I think no one REALLY knows but there are good points for BOTH sides of the argument.

There has been some heated discussions on this topic so you will find pages and pages on it, try this one.... and there are more!

http://thedieselgarage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1352&highlight=warranty

·
BCJAG72
139 Posts
Several people including myself have had their trucks in for service after using spartan and have heard nothing from Ford about it. I would not be nasty to them if you bring it in after using it. If you p_ss them off then they will look for a reason to screw you. I also used a SCT and took it back and they didn't say anything. But they did make me take the AFE off and put the stock intake back on before they would work on it. Now if you blow your motor then they might dig deeper. But no problems so far that I have heard of.

·
86 Posts
Several people including myself have had their trucks in for service after using spartan and have heard nothing from Ford about it. I would not be nasty to them if you bring it in after using it. If you p_ss them off then they will look for a reason to screw you. I also used a SCT and took it back and they didn't say anything. But they did make me take the AFE off and put the stock intake back on before they would work on it. Now if you blow your motor then they might dig deeper. But no problems so far that I have heard of.
ford can detect if the truck has been tuned one way at the dealer and its when the last regen was and if u put the filter back on and regen then bring it in ur fine ford tech guys can go deeper and find out how many regens u have had since u the truck was new thats how u can get screwed but ur truck has to be all messed up for a tech to come out from ford so put ur dpf back on and run it for a while to get regen then ur all good

1 - 6 of 6 Posts