The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Spartan Diesel Tech
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we have made some changes to the way the tuning files are setup, we have made some licensing changes as well:

1. If you currently have a level 1 license (originally purchased with up to the 250 tunes), you now have the 275 tune and EGR delete tunes included in your tuning files.

2. Those of you who have a level 1 license and would like to upgrade to a level 3 license, the cost is $250. A level 3 license gives you the 300, 310, and 350 tunes.

3. Those of you who had a level 2 license (originally purchased/upgraded to the 275 tune), you have the option to stay where you are at or purchase a level 3 license for $100.

Hopefully this clears up any confusion with the new tuning files setup that there may have been.

·
773 Posts
Soooo, I have the 310, would I now get the 350 as well once I upgrade?

Thanks, Rene

·
773 Posts
Well, you sir just convinced me to update to the V2!

·
145 Posts
liking the 275hp tune...been running the 250 tune since i put the spartan on it...what a difference....seem though could be because i only ran it for 10mins down the road that it gets lost in the shifts at about 65 70 when in it pretty good the torque slip goes up high then finally settles back down...but My Question is if we run the EGR delete tune what all do we have to do or can we just run it? all i have done to truck is DPF off and intake

·
393 Posts
You can run an EGR delete tune without having an EGR delete. I would run a tune that cycles the valve (175 tune) every 5-7 days though for a few hours so that the valve can stay freed up.
I'm a little confused (which is normal) on which of the old tunes cycle the EGR valve and which ones don't.

I received my V2 update information & instructions from Mick but haven't had time to make the change.

Doesn't my older 250 tune (November of 2009 & not strategy flash) cycle the valve? I hope so because I've been running it constantly now for 18 months!

What is the highest horsepower tune on the V2 update that cycles the valve?

Thanks!

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
How come the valve isnt cycled on the larger tunes? is that something that can be requested or even do manually?

·
145 Posts
If i recall right when the egr valves cycling it causes higher boost....thats while driving but maybe they could allow it to only cycle on idle like they did with the 250

·
Spartan Diesel Tech
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How come the valve isnt cycled on the larger tunes? is that something that can be requested or even do manually?
Because the amount of soot that would go through the valve and your intake/intake manifold would be terrible. The valve would end up clogging up, and the intake/intake manifold's functions would be compromised due to the amount of carbon build up internally.

·
370 Posts
Jeff, did the thread that the two clowns were having the argument on , the thread that I asked about converter lock in get deleted? Can't find it

·
370 Posts
Oh lol. Whoops! Sorry, brain is fried from working 7-12's !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts