The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone experience chugging or loping at idle with the v3 tune. Mine does it a bit when itis trying to warm up and it's -35- 0C outside and seems to happen when it tries to kick up the idle to 1100rpms. Emailed Nutty and he thinks it might be something with the truck and not the tunes, anyone that has experienced something with the v3 revision has seemed to have a hard part failure, that's what they have found. I'm just looking for a place to start. Thanks.

·
45 Posts
I just got my tune last week and mine seems to do the same thing when its cold. Not very noticable but i never noticed it before the tune.

·
499 Posts
just got my v3 last friday also, and havent noticed anything weird but iv only drove my truck for only about 150 miles though.. although i think it surged alittle one morning coming home from work when it was 7 degrees out but im not for sure that it was, it just felt like it for about 4 seconds but i could not get it to do it again.. so i will monitor it next time its cold out and try to get some more miles on it but i dont drive my truck much ive had it for almost 14 months now and ive only put 8500 miles on the truck..the good thing is the winter is almost over here in virginia hell its gonna be close to 70 this weekend.

·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So it seems I'm not the only one and it may be able to be tuned out!? I read somewhere that the tuned trucks that are coming from the canadian distributor dealer for spartan are doing this as well. Matt or Scott, is there something we can do??

·
39 Posts
Mine is doing this as well. I have not recorded any logs or anything though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts