The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, ran into a kid last night at a party that has a 05 or 06(cant remember for sure) 5.9 cc sb 4x4 that he said "has a power puck fuel box, 5" exhaust, and a smarty on level 4" also said the trans. has a converter and a valvebody. From what i heard other people saying the truck is supposed to be pretty fast. I have 08 cc sb 4x4 with afe intake, 275 Spartan, and 4" downpipe back exhaust. If we were to race what do you guys think the outcome would be? trying to line up a race but don't want to go running my mouth if i'm gonna get my ***** handed to me:bang:

·
Spartan, True Performance
411 Posts
From what I read on their site, suppose to be up to 240 hp gain. If that all he has I would think you could take him. May be a pretty good race....

·
BCJAG72
139 Posts
Just using the smarty he could have up to 170 extra ponies. Don't know about the other stuff. The Spartan is mean though, I would run him for the fun of it. Don't say a word just run them. If you win tell him you were using a Banks.:haha

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
A Smarty with the TNT update is about 230hp. That, along with the Power Puck is enough power to smoke a stock trans. If he were able to race without the trans slipping, you'd still beat him. You are low 13's and he's probably mid 13's. :thumbsup

·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah he said something about needing a billit input shaft for the trans. so he could run the Smarty on level 9

·
59 Posts
You will SMOKE him trust me, ive had 2 06-07 dodges with smarty and it wont run with Spartan 275

·
324 Posts
i would like to hear the outcome of the race. do it for fun, i try not to run my mouth about racing to much anymore :sofa:

·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, i'm trying to line something up this weekend, i will let you guys know how it turns out. Hopefully i can get a video of it:thumbsup

·
Flyin' Hawaiian
146 Posts
With just a smarty and his rail pressure box youll beat him. If he had a combo such as smarty and tst which produces 600 pretty easily then no.

·
773 Posts
I'd say it should be a good race, and that there's only one way to find out for sure:peelout

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Race him and if you when just tell him you have an edge chip. Thats what i do. :haha

·
176 Posts
Like others have said just run the guy for fun and see what happens. I wouldn't brag about this or that just tell the guy when you have and race it. The proof of who's faster will come soon enough :thumbsup.

·
181 Posts
We put a 5.9 compound Turbo on the Dyno running a smarty on level 8 and it put 565 to the rear wheels. I beleive he may even have had a dual fueler the guy would not open his hood. You knew it was dual turbo because of the high pitched wine instead of the drown out typical Dodge straight pipe. The Spartan trucks were puting around 470-490 to the rear wheels. Top dog of the day was Slednecks 6.4 which laid down 598RWHP 1360 RWTQ with a little sniff of NOS The NADP race truck 6.6 Chev stroked to 7.1 dual fueler etc etc etc put down 545 3 times and then blew up. All runs are uncorrected at 2500 feet running on Winter fuel

·
1,077 Posts
Have you got the sheets printed yet Rob?

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
those are some nice numbers sledneck.

·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We put a 5.9 compound Turbo on the Dyno running a smarty on level 8 and it put 565 to the rear wheels. I beleive he may even have had a dual fueler the guy would not open his hood. You knew it was dual turbo because of the high pitched wine instead of the drown out typical Dodge straight pipe. The Spartan trucks were puting around 470-490 to the rear wheels. Top dog of the day was Slednecks 6.4 which laid down 598RWHP 1360 RWTQ with a little sniff of NOS The NADP race truck 6.6 Chev stroked to 7.1 dual fueler etc etc etc put down 545 3 times and then blew up. All runs are uncorrected at 2500 feet running on Winter fuel
That is awesome! We were supposed to race yesterday but it rained ALL day:bang and i will be out of town most of this week and all weekend

1 - 20 of 34 Posts