The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running a Spartan without a DPF delete. Just curious about gains in mpg and throttle responce. I know gettin one and running it that way is not ideal but for now thats the way im looking to go. I can always add the pipe later. Thanks

·
Spartan Diesel Tech
969 Posts
You might see a 1-1.5 mph gain in fuel mileage. The highest tune is a 150 tune. As far as throttle response, yes its better than stock, but its not overly touchy or anything. You will be surprised at the power gains over stock with the 150 tune, but don't expect much fuel mileage gains.

·
1,606 Posts
Will a 150 DPF on, tune get rid of the turbo lag off idle?

·
1,606 Posts
So my best option would be to just bite the bullet and do the whole DPF/DOC delete and go with the bigger tunes?

·
212 Posts
Someone posted some very positive information about the Spartan DPF-on 150 tune on one of the forums. I did a search on this one, but couldn't find it. Anyway...feedback about it was great and said the truck should have been shipped from the factory that way. Good Luck.

·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Someone posted some very positive information about the Spartan DPF-on 150 tune on one of the forums. I did a search on this one, but couldn't find it. Anyway...feedback about it was great and said the truck should have been shipped from the factory that way. Good Luck.
I have been searching too. Thats good to here.

·
2 Posts
I had to put my DPF back on for warranty work and just decided to leave it on for a while and loaded the 150 DPF/on tune, well I am very surprised with the power added over stock. Haven't hand calculated mpg's but lie o meter is @ 15.5 and seems to be climbing w/ mixture of driving. But man I hate not seeing the smoke roll w/ the 275. JMO.

·
1,606 Posts
So just to get things straight, are all the tunes 150 and lower DPF on, and the tuner just disables Regen?

·
212 Posts
The DPF on tunes do not disable the regen process...truck exhaust stays the same....you just get the added power.

DPF On Tunes - Still goes into regen
40HP
75HP
120HP
150HP

DPF Off Tunes - No more regen
Stock DPF Delete
40HP
75HP
120HP
150HP
175HP
210HP
250HP
275HP
310HP
350HP

·
Spartan Diesel Tech
969 Posts
The DPF on tunes do not disable the regen process...truck exhaust stays the same....you just get the added power.

DPF On Tunes - Still goes into regen
40HP
75HP
120HP
150HP

DPF Off Tunes - No more regen
Stock DPF Delete
40HP
75HP
120HP
150HP
175HP
210HP
250HP
275HP
310HP
350HP
You left out the 210 Tow Performance

·
Green Goose No Juice
160 Posts
Not to hijack the thread, but if i run the spartan with dpf/doc pipe delete and rest of the truck stock, what kind of mileage gains can i expect with 250 tune? What about 275 tune? I am not hard on the throttle, i have 3.55's and i see around 12.4 in town, and 17 highway on the dash right now.. Id like to have it in the 15 range in town.. Thanks

·
Spartan Diesel Tech
969 Posts
Not to hijack the thread, but if i run the spartan with dpf/doc pipe delete and rest of the truck stock, what kind of mileage gains can i expect with 250 tune? What about 275 tune? I am not hard on the throttle, i have 3.55's and i see around 12.4 in town, and 17 highway on the dash right now.. Id like to have it in the 15 range in town.. Thanks
With the 3.55 gears, 15 in town is very possible! Highway, you will probably see 17-20 depending on the right foot.

·
21 Posts
Its hard to say. There are some that see none and others see as much as 5mpg. I aveage 16-17 mix driving w/ the 275. The 250 seems a little better in the city and the 275 better on the highway.
-Mike

·
TEXAS FIGHT
290 Posts
I had to put my DPF back on for warranty work and just decided to leave it on for a while and loaded the 150 DPF/on tune, well I am very surprised with the power added over stock. Haven't hand calculated mpg's but lie o meter is @ 15.5 and seems to be climbing w/ mixture of driving. But man I hate not seeing the smoke roll w/ the 275. JMO.

in same position... enjoying driving it with this tune, although i miss the exhaust note.

plus when it was stock with the air filter, it was throwing the dtc code for too much air.

·
100 Posts
With the spartan on tunes, does anybody have any feedback as to what it's doing to the Dpf filter? I guess I'm asking is it plugging it up? Trying to decide if this is the route I want to take. Been calling Rudy's but been playing phone tag, might have to look and see who else is available.

·
100 Posts
Forgot another question, do you have to put a different air intake on if your only running the 150 or lower? How does the 150 due towing heavy?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts