The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Just learnin and waitin..
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any experience with this combo?
My tranny just took a dump on me, and I dusted my turbo. So I'm looking at getting a bts and a d66. And I'm getting a set of split shots for the price of $0. & i was just about to send my f5 to Jody to be repaired, so now I'm just planning on waiting and having it retuned for split shots.
I'm just wondering what ive got to look forward to here, seeing as its a combination i havent read about before

·
Registered
49 Posts
Most commonly people go with single shots. Split shots use more HPO and single shots have a better fueling cycle(1 event per stroke instead of 2).

What size split shots are you getting?

·
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They're the stock ones out of a 2000 or an 01. I'm not sure. But they're all in good shape, whereas I have at least a couple messed up, and between the tranny and the turbo, buying sticks is a little out of reach

·
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, should that be able to keep up with the d66 without tooo much lag?

·
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I started looking at hybrids. And I know I'm going to want them eventually anyways. But I definitely can't afford to have my truck down long enough to do any supporting mods as far as electric fuel or hpo. So I'm wondering if it could be tuned to run well with my obs fuel system and 15° pump with 238/80s or 238/100s. I know both of those can outperform the d66 regardless, but I'm not really looking to go all out just yet, but I'd like to not have to get new injectors again if I decided I wanted more later

1 - 7 of 7 Posts