The Diesel Garage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would one go about to gain some sponsorships?

·
diesel idiot
360 Posts
have a wicked fast truck...

·
Nasty Girl
580 Posts
Ok got that, but no ones knockin on my door! LOL

·
TDG Junior Mafia #61
622 Posts
Become friends with the owner of a company I suppose.

·
3,754 Posts
what do you do pull drag race etc? if you drag race, try to get some local shops to sponsory you, get some free grear put some stickers on your truck

·
3,939 Posts
Usually making a deal with a local company to advertise for them can get you something.

You'd probably have to have a very special truck to get the bigger companies to help. I still haven't figured out why Keith didn't get any sponsorship from all the companies that helped on Nasty's build.

A lot of the time companies can't because they haven't budgeted for it. Parts do cost $$.

·
Nasty Girl
580 Posts

·
diesel idiot
360 Posts

·
Nasty Girl
580 Posts
killerbee said:
seems there is still a momentum that diesels are for pulling and towing, not for dragging. Not my opinion, just my perception of things.
You obviously don't follow the DHRA much huh? LOL

Drag racing is full tilt now!!! :woot:

·
diesel idiot
360 Posts
Seriously if Keith cant get a sponsorship i dont think anybody can...not only to have the most powerful dmax ever, but it runs on #2 only and cant get any sponsorship? if i were the owner of a company i would want my name all over that truck.

·
Nasty Girl
580 Posts
tahoedmax said:
Seriously if Keith cant get a sponsorship i dont think anybody can...not only to have the most powerful dmax ever, but it runs on #2 only and cant get any sponsorship? if i were the owner of a company i would want my name all over that truck.
Exactly!!! Thank-You!!! :Thumbup: LOL

·
diesel idiot
360 Posts
well jesus...if i were a shop id be like hey keith can i please do this for free for you? and then watch the phone ring off the hook "hey did you do (insert [email protected] modification here) on nasty girl??"

·
0 Posts
The trouble...as I see it...is that organizations such as the DHRA or NHRDA have a huge following across the SE and Southern part of the country. The futher north you go...the focus tends to shift toward pulling. I have a feeling that if Keith was based out of Texas...FL or one of the gulf states...he'd have sponsors knocking at his door. And no insult meant Keith...but Canada just isn't known for that many "bad to the bone" trucks. Plus...in Canada...its tough to make the weekend races hosted by the DHRA or NHDRA. For a truck to be sponsored...it HAS to be seen, and seen alot. Again...nothing against Keith at all...thats just how the biz is...I assume. Plus...there are individuals out there(again...I am guessing) that have presented false claims in order to gain sponsorship...so the sponsors are even a bit more wary about claims.

Those are just my 130am musings...

·
diesel idiot
360 Posts
4cstr said:
The trouble...as I see it...is that organizations such as the DHRA or NHRDA have a huge following across the SE and Southern part of the country. The futher north you go...the focus tends to shift toward pulling. I have a feeling that if Keith was based out of Texas...FL or one of the gulf states...he'd have sponsors knocking at his door. And no insult meant Keith...but Canada just isn't known for that many "bad to the bone" trucks. Plus...in Canada...its tough to make the weekend races hosted by the DHRA or NHDRA. For a truck to be sponsored...it HAS to be seen, and seen alot. Again...nothing against Keith at all...thats just how the biz is...I assume. Plus...there are individuals out there(again...I am guessing) that have presented false claims in order to gain sponsorship...so the sponsors are even a bit more wary about claims.

Those are just my 130am musings...
Haha we all have early morning musings and tangents..

·
TDG Junior Mafia #61
622 Posts
Well, Medicine Hat has more 2 more 10 second trucks than we do in Orange County. :hehe:

·
Registered
70 Posts
tahoedmax said:
Companies sponsor trucks that are out there making pass after pass all over the place. Keith has a wicked truck, but how many quarter mile runs has he knocked down? Is he the guy always winning at the events he attends? Do that stuff and sponsors will call you. A couple big dyno pulls is not any type of attraction for sponsorship. It can say 1000 horsepower all over it but if the 750 horse guy next to you runs faster ET's and does it repeatedly all over the place he is gonna be the one with the sponsors.

·
diesel idiot
360 Posts
How about the worlds most horsepower on #2 only? How is that discredited by a better ET??? answer me that, oh and its well built enough that his wife DRIVES IT EVERYDAY. And if you are going to get into sponsorships i know of one very fast truck in particular that has no sponsors and pays his own race fees...

·
3,939 Posts
I understand where Chris is coming from. Sponsors want the truck out and about, racing. Thats where the advertising is. Granted, getting into TWO magazines, and being top-HP-on-#2 should count for something, but you know the old NASCAR saying, "Race on Sunday, sell on Monday".

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.