The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the thread for you to write you essay as to why you feel your truck deserves a free set of Grand Rock stacks. Please...only post essay's in here. All other type of posts will be removed.

Thanks
Dave

·
713 Posts
I believe that my truck deserves the Grand Rock stacks because; I only have one crappy, rusty, and used stack from a big rig graveyard, guy said it came off of an Autocar, 70's model. I'll admit it looks OK from about 30 feet, but in no way will it look as good as a set of Grand Rock's. Besides, it'll look better shooting beer cans out of it from both sides. :)

Mikey

·
990 Posts
Once upon a time, there was a Mega cab. It new it was a over grow quad cab. With stacks in the back, it became a fact, that the boat it pulls won't be all black :)

Ooo... that was sad :poke:

I've been debating stacks for a while now. I'm really on the fence and if I were to just have some sent to me.... I think the decision would be made :sly:

Grand Rocks are my first choice after sifting through what's out there. Between the customer service ( phone conversations ) and quality of the kits :deal: why go any where else !

Photoshop stacks aren't working for me..... my truck is lacking the Grand Rock touch :smoke

·
formally dodge97ctd-sc member #12
2,001 Posts
i feel that my truck deserves those stacks because the stack i got on it now i bought for $5 from a neighbor that came off of some sorta big rig...its got scratched, dents ect....and if i had the money to buy stacks i wouldnt be writing this essay trying to get some free stacks for my truck..and ive always wanted brand new dual stacks for my truck but i settled for a $5 one because im a broke high school student...so this might not be my best essay ive ever typed but its the best that i could think of

·
Registered
85 Posts
Aww man I already have a set. But I guess I could still write anyway. I work at Freightliner in Cleveland NC. I'm getting laid off April 2nd. So there goes my income to buy other mods for my truck. And there are A LOT of mods I want to do. Such as intake, leveling kit, injectors, nitrous, gauges, new turbo, and the list goes on. I figure if I win this, I could sell it to one of my friends to put on his Duramax to get a little extra money to purchase something else.

·
Diesel Mafia #67
11,283 Posts
why do i need stacks.. lets see.. 1st off i think the 2nd gen body styles look the best with stacks.. (personaly) and im always redoing my exhaust either its not loud enough or i do not like the angle that it is at.. so im always changing it ..! i been meaning to save up for stacks but other things have popped up.. like my MC went on my the other day.. my TC is shot.. and i been saving up for a TC for a while its kinda hard to to save money, when ur always putting into the truck for stupid things that break. not to mention i go to school full time and work part time.. it makes it a little hard to make alot of money when i have to be out of work by 4:00 just to have 30 mins to go home take a shower and eat.. then get back on the road again.. ( im always moving and i have no down time) and when i was going to make my stacks home made, i though it out and i was like " wow thats really ghetto! " i might as well wait..!until i have some money saved up for 2 duel 6 inch miter cuts LEVEL with the top of the cab (like mikeys truck) with the tool box and tauno cover would look bad *** IMO. its not an award winning essay but hey its woth a shot .. us broke teens that want our trucks to look good and go fast is hard when u are paying 2.79 a gal for diesel.. and just fixing random things..

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #71
1,288 Posts
Let me see, I deserve the stacks because, my truck has a stock exhaust, it is quite and a dually looks killer with stacks. When I see a truck with stacks, I tend to get a little jealous, so if I were to win, I would be as happy as a pig in mud. Oh, one more thing, Grand Rock has the best looking stacks for sale.

·
IS FREE!!!!!
1,143 Posts
This isnt an essay why i should get a free set of Grand Rock Stacks but why my brother deserves a free set of stacks from Grand Rocks. I'm doing this out of appreciation for all the hard work my brother does for me and my truck. He will be the first one to rag on me about breakin my truck but is the first one to offer help or tell me "you ain't touchin that thing. you want it done right don't ya?" I don't see any other way that to repay him for all the countless hours he has worked on my truck without asking for a red cent from me other than for parts. Which most would say that is to be expected of a brother, but i can't count the times he has come and picked my truck up, helped me out on the side of the road, or been there to help lift a tranny/transfer case off me. Heck if it weren't for him my truck would still be without a front axle under it. And i also know i can have about 2 pages of parts that have been donated to my truck from his project trucks just to keep my truck on the road. Since he spends so much time workin on my truck he doesnt have the time to finish his big project. Swappin a Cummins into a 1976 C30 crew cab 4x4. He keeps sayin how much he wants to put a set of stacks on it, and has even pieced a half arsed set together but the truck deserves a great lookin set of brand new stacks. And if any of u know what has recently happened to me and my truck and the time that Ryan has spent tryin to get my truck on the road then you will understand why i believe he(DieselWrencher1) deserves a free set of stacks from Grand Rocks Exhaust.

Here are some pics of the truck that the stacks would be for. Thanks for lettin me nominate a great friend and brother for something he deserves.

Thanks Ry for all your help.
Nicholas

Attachments

·
Registered
393 Posts

Why I NEED a set of stacks. Because that one side wonder is just not cutting it. Grand Rock is the only stack company out there IMO, and I would love to beable to show my support for them and TDG with a set of these stacks. Anytime I got asked about them, I would say "I got them from a Give away on TDG and them with Grand Rock, hooked me up!"

·
AKA slowdog racing
925 Posts
The reason i think i should be picked for the giveaway is simple. Im broke, the small pay check i earn every week witch takes 50 to 60 hours of my time a week to make is just enough to live and do little things to my truck here and there. I have recently sold my bullydog tuner to pay bills and was going to use my tax refund to buy EFI live and a Grand rocks 5in miter cut stack kit if i could afford both this giveaway would help greatly with that, since if I won i could use the extra money to buy tires which i need. So as you can see my lack of funds makes it difficult to do anything to my truck. Recently i have been trying to sell my car so i can put a suncoast trans in my truck since the dealer won't replace my screwed up stock trans. I have also been trying to make the current exhaust system on my truck "cusom" but it would be much easier just to put stacks on and have the first chevy i now of around here with stacks. Plus if i win i will let everyone know that to get a great deal on stacks to go to grand rock and afterwards visit the diesel garage to chat with the worlds greatest diesel enthausists. thanks grand rock and crzycowboy for the giveway.
chech out my webshots of my truck below.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Why do I deserve stacks? Well, im just a 19 year old trying to make it through college workin 3 nights a week for $8/hr. I built my exhaust myself to save some cash, and it doesnt look too good under the truck. Plus I have ridden in a few trucks with stacks, and they sound awesome, and I think would look great on my truck:sly: Plus I like how the Grand Rock kit is done right:cool: .

Eric

Regardless of wether I win or not, thanks a lot to grand rock for doing this. This really is one heck of a nice prize to be GIVING away! Thanks guys!

Attachments

·
3,514 Posts
I'm writing this for my brother. The poor guy has been having truck trouble for quite sometime now, and he can't seem to get this truck set up the way he wants. Everytime he saves up some money he has had to fix something on the truck. Anyways, he doesn't want a lot on this truck, just a few things, but a set of stacks is on his list. The truck has been down for two months now, and needs to go in and have the head pulled. Anyways, he's been driving a mini-van for the time being, and I think it would be awesome if we could get his truck set up the way he wants. His last truck was set up how he wanted it to be, however it was the unfortunate victim of a fire, so he had to start fresh with this one. Thanks guys.
Sean

·
Farmer
122 Posts
I think I need to win them because my lil ol side pipe in front of the tire aint cutting it anymore with these stage 2 injectors..... and since I'm in college and its 3 hours from home, and I also live on a farm, which means I go home alot, that all equals that I have nnooo money.... Plus the Dodge and Chevy boys around here need to know how a OBS Powerstroke shoulda run from the factory..... :sly:

·
Registered
838 Posts
I think my truck deserves to win the Grand Rock Stacks ‘cause it’s one of the few items left on the “MOD LIST” and those 5” stacks would be boss on that big black dually.

There isn’t any time when the truck, lovingly named Big Bertha, isn’t the topic of conversation of the “testosterone gender” while she's parked outside of any gas station or parked on any job site. Bertha is “ooggled” at more than I am. She’s a sperm magnet.

She’d be a great representative for GRAND ROCK STACKS!

Here she is:

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #77
940 Posts
Just think about how sharp those stacks are going to look in the back of my 99.5!
The reason those awesome Grand Rock stacks belong in my truck is because I can count on one finger how many light duty diesels I have seen with stacks in Utah and the surrounding states, and I put 25 thousand + miles on my truck per year!
I want to be Grand Rocks "Poster Boy" for Utah and the surrounding states.
A nice big window decal between the stacks for free advertising would be awesome! I also want to show the rice burners around here that OIL burns better than rice :smoke
Just think...A nice plume of black smoke smothering the local ricers :pointlaugh

Thanks TDG and Grand Rock for throwing this together! You guys are AWESOME!

Come on guys, pimp my truck!LOL
I want to "raise my standards"!!!

The shell is gone.
View attachment 9748

Attachments

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
I think i deserve to win the Grand Rock Stacks becuase i think it would look freakin awesome with some mitres at the back of the cab blowin back! Most anything around here with stacks is a cummins and i have Never heard a 6.0 in person with stacks! Also i went the po-boy route and just got the muffler & cat cut off with a peice of pipe put in place and a 5" tip welded on.

THANKS GRAND ROCK AND TDG FOR PUTTING ON SUCH AN AWESOME GIVEAWAY AND SUPPLYING US WITH ALL THE KNOWLEDGE WE'VE LEARNED SINCE BEING ON THIS SITE!!!!:usflag :thanks: :Thumbup:

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Good reading.

The reason I beleave I deserve the Grand Rock Stacks for my 06 Chev Duramax is that the truck is a regular cab. Stacks looks AWSOME on a reg cab truck. The Grand Rock Stacks decal would fit perfect in the middle of the back window of course in the middle of both stacks. I would also install these myselve and perform a good DO IT YOURSELF article with pictures that could be then posted on the website so anyone can view how easy it is. Imagine the "cool" factor for the summer and winter. Pushin snow and puffin some smoke when it hits a big pile. :deal:

Thanks for the chance.
Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
333 Posts
Spring Giveaway and Grand Rock Stacks

I am fairly new to the diesel arena, but me and my 12 year old son have fallen in love with the possibilities of mods to increase the performance and sound of the truck. My cheap attempt to increase the sound and performance by straight piping the center of exhaust system did wonders for the truck and put smiles on our faces but a REAL system including a set of Grand Rock stacks would be mind-blowing. This father-son love for diesels has given us some common ground to build on and hopefully will continue to grow with your help.

·
THE MASTER OF DISASTER
265 Posts
I believe that i deserve the stacks because i just bought a 99 ford and ive already put 1800 worth of repairs into it and that doesnt include any extra money for modifcations im in college and have basically spent all of my loan money that was left over on my truck in addition to not having any money to make it look good. i have one of the most unengineered straight pipes on earth its the stock downpipe welded to a gutted katana motorcycle muffler. the truck is in sad shape and it deserves a great pick me up from grand rock stacks. included is a picture of my unengineered exhaust...it has a small bit of water in the pipe at the time this picture was taken....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts