The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are the questions you need to answer to be included in the giveaway. Don't forget about the essay either. We will not PM you back stating if you got any wrong. You can PM your answers to either myself, crzycowboy, Bouncer, Rcannon or hhrecovery.

1. What was the first diesel engine designed to run on?

2. What is the mystery surrounding Rudolph Diesel's death?

3. Who owns the diesel engined land speed record? & what was the vehicle used to achieve it with? & what was the speed?

4. Who runs the fastest diesel ¼ mile?

5. In 1868 the Technische Hochschule opened, a new university in Munich. This "individual" applied instantly when heard word of it. He became a full professor of mechanical engineering in 1872. Soon after Rudolf Diesel became his protegé. Who is this "individual"?

6. Which company was first to use a diesel engine commericially?

7. In 1893 the first internal combustion model ran under its own power, more than double the efficiency of the steam engines of its day. At what efficiency (%) did this first model run at??

8. What was the first "SUV" sold in the USA with a diesel engine?

9. In 1936, the year of the Olympic Games, a carefully staged sensation was launched at the Berlin Motor Show: what was the world's first diesel-engined production car. What was the delivered ? hp at ? rpm and travelled at ? mpg and top speed ?"

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
These questions are hard!

:deal: :bang

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
i think i already know the answer to this too, but if any questions are answered wrong, that a dq?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You are correct. All questions have to be answered correctly the first time and there is no re-submissions to change a answer.

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
couple i cant find for nothing...guess ill do some more researchin before submission!:Thumbup: :thanks:

·
Old Geezer-TDG Mafia #19
4,396 Posts
Can I play??????:shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

Just kidding!!LOL LOL LOL

LargeCar:usflag :mafia :usflag

·
990 Posts
I send a PM with my answers to you 4cstr.. just wondering if it was received ???

That was a brain racking test!

·
568 Posts
What if no one gets them all correct?

Sam

·
568 Posts
Sounds good - I of course plan on getting them all correct and alleviating the need to worry :)

Sam

·
3,514 Posts
Well, whats done is done. There were definitely some tough questions in there thats for sure.
sean

·
3,514 Posts
blackcloudCTD95 said:
it pays off to go to school and take a diesel class..
Yes it does. Except I'm not in a diesel class. The only one I'm really concerned about is the SUV to be honest. There is a little ambiguity in that term, Since it was only coined a couple decades back. Just curious, would a vehicle that came out, before "SUV" was a term, count.
Sean

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
blackcloudCTD95 said:
i got all of them but the faster 1/4 mile DAMN IT ..~

ya, thats the one im stuck on! cant find it for nothin! searched the net, looked through DPM, got on NHRDA site,.........nothin!:shrug:

DONE! hope i did ok! ....Aaron, pm sent! :Thumbup:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Sent the PM, please make sure to post correct answers after closing the contest. :deal:

·
IS FREE!!!!!
1,143 Posts
they werent tht bad u just have to know how to work googe or yahoo...i dont know howto work either but ive also been done for a while:D

1 - 20 of 82 Posts