The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my friend raced and i beat him pretty good. he told me he will race me again when he gets his sct, and hes gonna stack it now with the quadzilla he has. He said hes gonna have both hp from each chip combined. I know he won't have that hp, because both chips, separately, probley maxed out the hpop so he has no more fuel to push thew really. I just wanted to know is his truck gonna benefit from having the sct..to being stacked with the quadzilla.

·
6,337 Posts
What is the quad? I think its just an ICP box... If its a programer then you can not stack one programer on another, or a programer on a chip. If your using a chip, the chip wins every time, it overrides whats on the PCM...

·
862 Posts
The Quadzilla is an ICP fooler and an EOT fooler (which happens to be the absolute worst way to add power on a 7.3L)

Your friend would be wise not to stack the two.... especially with the EOT fooler. The timing will be through the roof.

And you are correct, he won't get any extra power by stacking the two thanks to the HPOP, just a ton of extra timing that he really doesn't need. With the SCT, it will be a closer race.

Inform your friend that he should not stack, and tell him why.

·
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
thanks for both replys. Well i got another question now lol.. What makes the Dp or other chips like it better than the sct. Most of all the times when people ask what they should get people tell them DP or TW and those chips, and not SCT's. Just something i've wondered. I've been told dp's and TW chips are better but why?

·
Tow Mater
194 Posts
Well the dps are more of a custom tuend chip to your truck lets say you run big oil or injectors or whatever they take that in account in the tuning, sct and the rest of that stuff is just one mass produced tune...

Reactions: 7.3rambaler

·
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh so if your not runnin big oil, injectors turbos, etc..there shouldn't be to much of an advantage between a dp and sct?

·
812 Posts
no thats not true, you will see an increase when you switch to a custom chip over a edge, quad, superchits or what not.

Reactions: 7.3rambaler
1 - 7 of 7 Posts