The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
125 Posts
Your going to get the they aren't stack-able on Fords and to just get custom tunes (probably cheaper anyway). They can be stacked but the gain over a custom chip by itself is very minimal.

·
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok.. I have a ts chip and was thinking about getting an sct programmer to "stack" with it. Having the chip reburnt with a sled pull tune and maybe a smoke tune for fun. Does sct offer programs for pulling?

·
125 Posts
I have no clue what's available for the sct but you can have your TS chip custom burned for anywhere between $150-200.

·
812 Posts
the sct and ts wont stack. send your ts to someone to get custom tunes on it and you will be better off.

·
862 Posts
Ok.. I have a ts chip and was thinking about getting an sct programmer to "stack" with it. Having the chip reburnt with a sled pull tune and maybe a smoke tune for fun. Does sct offer programs for pulling?
A chip always overrides a programmer. So stacking doesn't work.

Units that are marketed as "stackable" aren't really true chips or programmers. They are simply fooler boxes, such as ICP foolers, oil temp sensor foolers, etc. These are pretty useless when you have a chip, since a chip can tune anything you need to maximize the power from your PSD, and do a much much much better job (and more precise control) than a fooler box.

So forget about stacking. If you aren't happy with the tunes on your current chip, there are plenty of folks that can reburn those chips with just about any tune you want.

·
The one and only
410 Posts
Like what everyone else has said. You can't stack with these trucks. the Chip will over ride anything else.

The chip is the better way to go with these trucks anyway not only can you adjust them on the fly but there are more parameters and tricks that can be done in the tuning with a chip then can be done with the SCT.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts