The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '01 with a 24v cummins. I recently stacked an EDGE COMP BOX on top of the SMARTY REVO. My problem is I don't notice any improvement and it seems to miss or hesitate at higher rpms. Im running an airdog 150, 90 hp injectors, a hybrid HX 40 turbo, fireringed head with H-11 studs, and the tranny is built to handle just about anything. Any suggestions on why this thing isn't workin right?

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
I have an '01 with a 24v cummins. I recently stacked an EDGE COMP BOX on top of the SMARTY REVO. My problem is I don't notice any improvement and it seems to miss or hesitate at higher rpms. Im running an airdog 150, 90 hp injectors, a hybrid HX 40 turbo, fireringed head with H-11 studs, and the tranny is built to handle just about anything. Any suggestions on why this thing isn't workin right?
What settings are you running on what? The edge comp box is just a fueling box right and doesnt add timing correct? With an AD150 I would not think you would run out of fuel but it sounds like that could be your case. Also did you go the wire tap for the comp box? Others have had issues with the wire tap not working correctly, so you may check that out.

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the COMP BOX also adds timming but I know that i need to run the even numbers on the smarty when stacking with other boxes that add timming. I dont think the wire tap is the problem because when I return the smarty to stock and just use the comp it works fine. Trying to run them together is what i have a problem with they just dont seem to work together very well and I know lots of people use this combo with great success.

·
1,189 Posts
smarty will add more down low but you loose hp and top end.

·
1,189 Posts
Agree with the low end power gain, but have never seen the stack sacrifice any top end power or torque :guitar
you may not be able to feel it, but put it on the dyno or run it down the track that tells you all.

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanx everyone. I have been playin around with different settings and it seems to work best with smarty on level 6 and comp on level 5 sub level 5. The comp seems to take over when the smarty starts to fade off running this combo. Even though I know you shouldn't I had to try smarty level 9 and comp level 5. Way too much timing didn't work. Before the stack I dyno'd 463hp and 936tq. and ran a 13.33 1/4 mile best. Can't wait to try again. Thanx again.

·
1,189 Posts
I have dyno'd with and without the S-03 Stacked, I saw no loss on top end in either HP or TQ
you must be lucky then had 4 guys I know run them with the edge comp and slow down in the 1/4 and a drop in hp on the dyno.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts