The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
TDG SinglesClub Member#90
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy has a 05 dually and he wants stacks, but doesnt want to cut holes in the bed.

He saw a couple of trucks where the stacks come from under the trick and come up infront of the rear tires

do you know if there is a kit that he can buy or was this custom done?

·
Work in Progress
171 Posts
Not sure, but he will definitely be the talk of the town with a setup like that.

·
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HAHAHA thats what i was thinking to, i told him to just get duals.........

·
Banned
6,478 Posts
Talk him out of it it looks ridiculous. We have a old chap in town with a Chevy diesel with a camper on the back with side pipes running up the side. The thing is just stupid looking. But he likes it. He calls them lakers he used to have them on his car when he was a young lad. He is a good guy just a bit off center. But then again arn't we all.. I see it parked a the bank all the time. So I treat him right. Maybe has has lots of money and no family...

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
dont let him do it. it doesnt look good. tell him it's only one hole in the bed. it can always be patched over if need be.

Garrett

·
Premium Member
5,567 Posts
I love this set up w/ the stacks on the outside of the bed...

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
that works/looks good for the dedicated puller. but it also cost quite a bit more to have that bed work done. plus, doesnt that setup still have the exhaust coming up through the bed then thru the bedsides? so, not only is there a hole in the bed but holes in the sides of the bedsides that will cost a lot to fix if you so decide to take the stacks off.

Garrett

·
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I talked him out of it!!! thank god. He went with a reg 4" exhaust.

·
Registered
422 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts