The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iam looking to put a set of stacks on my truck so I went to grand Rock's web site, looked under dealer and it shows the Diesel Garage, so I take it I can buy them through here or how does that work? Also is there any club discount? :thanks:

F

·
0 Posts
The Diesel Garage itself is not a vendor. Josh will be online shortly and he con point you in a direction of a vendor that is. :Thumbup:

·
Quarry trash
137 Posts
I went through Diesel performance plus and I am very pleased. Cheapest prices I found anywhere.

·
Premium Member
3,353 Posts
Sorry about this guys, our web designer made a small mistake, he associated the Forums we sponser with distributors. Sorry about that, we are updating our site again, so that should fix that little problem. Now to answer you question, We have many distributors on this site, and I have many more that do not advertise on line. You can contact someone here, or you can call me, and we can see if we have someone closer to home per say.....

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
crzycowboy said:
Sorry about this guys, our web designer made a small mistake, he associated the Forums we sponser with distributors. Sorry about that, we are updating our site again, so that should fix that little problem. Now to answer you question, We have many distributors on this site, and I have many more that do not advertise on line. You can contact someone here, or you can call me, and we can see if we have someone closer to home per say.....
I have a question if you don't mind....

apparently the GR kit comes with 36" stacks. I planned on purchasing some myself but, if I can't keep the stacks at cab height level I'm not sure i want to do it.

Can you please tell me what the height is from the bed to the top of the cab?

And, if that height is more than I want.... can they be ordered to fit the height I want?

Thanks!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Triron, I believe a 36" stack comes just above the cab, but only by an inch or 2...that was my hang up also.

·
Cummins Man
980 Posts
Guys you want them a little above the cab or you will get a terible drone in the cab.

Andy

·
Premium Member
3,353 Posts
triton said:
I have a question if you don't mind....

apparently the GR kit comes with 36" stacks. I planned on purchasing some myself but, if I can't keep the stacks at cab height level I'm not sure i want to do it.

Can you please tell me what the height is from the bed to the top of the cab?

And, if that height is more than I want.... can they be ordered to fit the height I want?

Thanks!
Our kits do not come with stacks. They are sold seperate for many reasons, one of which is yours. I do not know the height you are asking, you would have to measure that your self. Keep in mind that the Y-Pipe in the truck bed sits about a half inch off the floor of the bed, and the elbows going up are 12 inches. The Elbows are expanded so the stacks will slide in the elbow, you will lose about 3" off of the stack when they are installed. When they are installed correctly, the stacks will stick over the cab about 2-4 inches. The 4" and 5" stacks you can cut down if you want or need. Once you go to the 6" and 7" stacks you are limited to how much you cut down. (If any) Yes you can have stacks made to your spec's., but will take close to 8-10 weeks. I hope this answerd your questions!:Thumbup:

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
crzycowboy said:
Our kits do not come with stacks. They are sold seperate for many reasons, one of which is yours. I do not know the height you are asking, you would have to measure that your self. Keep in mind that the Y-Pipe in the truck bed sits about a half inch off the floor of the bed, and the elbows going up are 12 inches. The Elbows are expanded so the stacks will slide in the elbow, you will lose about 3" off of the stack when they are installed. When they are installed correctly, the stacks will stick over the cab about 2-4 inches. The 4" and 5" stacks you can cut down if you want or need. Once you go to the 6" and 7" stacks you are limited to how much you cut down. (If any) Yes you can have stacks made to your spec's., but will take close to 8-10 weeks. I hope this answerd your questions!:Thumbup:
Thanks... you did answer my question. Sorry you had to write this twice.... I noticed in another stack post you said the same thing.

In your opinion.... which would be better.... the muffler inserts or an actual muffler under the truck like a Aero ? I sure don't want a bad drone in the cab
but, a little rumble would hurt ;-)

·
Premium Member
3,353 Posts
triton said:
Thanks... you did answer my question. Sorry you had to write this twice.... I noticed in another stack post you said the same thing.

In your opinion.... which would be better.... the muffler inserts or an actual muffler under the truck like a Aero ? I sure don't want a bad drone in the cab
but, a little rumble would hurt ;-)
Hard to say. Our internal mufflers for the stacks are not very expensive, and easily installed. A muffler under the truck my cost more, but can be easily removed if you need to. Personally I've heard a few trucks, and I like the way the 6" miters sounded......no mufflers at all. Not sure how it sounds down the high way though.

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
crzycowboy said:
Hard to say. Our internal mufflers for the stacks are not very expensive, and easily installed. A muffler under the truck my cost more, but can be easily removed if you need to. Personally I've heard a few trucks, and I like the way the 6" miters sounded......no mufflers at all. Not sure how it sounds down the high way though.

thanks again Josh. Guess I'll just take my chances. It can always come off if I don't like it. Then I'll just have a bigger drain hole in my bed ;-)

·
Banned
6,478 Posts
triton said:
thanks again Josh. Guess I'll just take my chances. It can always come off if I don't like it. Then I'll just have a bigger drain hole in my bed ;-)

Put them on you will love the looks and sound. :Thumbup:
I run the 5" miter from Josh and it's a great kit.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
5" Mitre cuts are what Iam looking for fot my 05, Ithink they look the best, do you have any pics of your truck with them on I could see? :thanks:

·
Premium Member
3,353 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Those look sweet, perfect height...do you have any idea what the 5" kit cocst with stacks for an 05 Ram? If not I can go back to the site.

·
Premium Member
3,353 Posts
sharx ram said:
Those look sweet, perfect height...do you have any idea what the 5" kit cocst with stacks for an 05 Ram? If not I can go back to the site.
We're just the manufacture, we have distributors that sell the kits. I have a few on this site, give them a PM or I can email you some contact names. Shoot me a PM if thats what you want, with your email addy.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
I can tell from the few kits we bought and installed from Grandrock, the quality and service is by far awesome!

We also added a 4" resonator muffler under the cab to quiet them down a bit. The Area we live in has a sound db restrictions and did not want our customers to get ticketed!

Let me know if I can be of any help..

·
Registered
598 Posts
Ok guy's I love the looks of stacks, but seriously how loud is it in the cab? Sorry not trying to take over this thread...just a good spot to ask this...

thanks

·
Premium Member
3,353 Posts
I'm not sure, I've only heard them from out side. I'm told that they are not bad, and sometimes they have a slight drone. You have to remember they will sound different, because they are alot closer to you, and on the out side of the truck as to being behind the real wheels, and under the truck.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts