The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how much boost should i be pushing with stage 1 injectors with the mods at the bottom and my DP custom tuned with the 140 setting.
how are the EGT's going to be with no intercooler

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
egts probably high

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i figured, wonder how long it would take at WOT to get above 1400 deg

·
1,386 Posts
I have a similar set up in my truck and I'm getting around 27-29 pounds of boost. Without my intercooler my egt's would go up pretty quick but not that bad. It only got bad if I was towing. With the intercooler egt's are no longer a problem.

·
1,726 Posts
Smokn97 said:
yea i figured, wonder how long it would take at WOT to get above 1400 deg
With no IC you might get to 40 mph.

·
The Oracle
343 Posts
i can hit 38lbs with mine

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the info so looks like an IC, if i want to keep the EGT's in check

·
6,337 Posts
BigRed97 said:
i can hit 38lbs with mine

With stage 1's? What altitude are you at?

·
Registered
657 Posts
CSIPSD said:
With stage 1's? What altitude are you at?
It's all in the tuning

·
6,337 Posts
I10HaulR said:
It's all in the tuning

Not really... With stage 1's there is only so much fuel to be had... 38# is the highest boost reading I have ever heard of with stage 1's... I have Tonys Tunes as well, no higher boost with his then anyone elses...

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
CSIPSD said:
Not really... With stage 1's there is only so much fuel to be had... 38# is the highest boost reading I have ever heard of with stage 1's... I have Tonys Tunes as well, no higher boost with his then anyone elses...

I finally agree with you on something Joe.. LOL My stage 1`s normally net high 20`s.

·
6,337 Posts
BogginF350 said:
I finally agree with you on something Joe.. LOL My stage 1`s normally net high 20`s.

Shhhhhh...LOL

·
The Oracle
343 Posts
sea level.....jsut outside of boston, ma

38psi is if im really on it and my tranny doesnt slip usually will hit 34-35psi

tuning is a Banks chip....having issues with another tuner trying get resolved

·
6,337 Posts
hummm that is weird... I have never seen that high of boost numbers out of 160 stage 1's...

You have any dyno #'s? Is it posable someone sent you hybirds? Just really strange!

·
The Oracle
343 Posts
no dyno...

i never expected to see boost that high either.....not sure why?

definatly stg1s not hybrids

·
Registered
657 Posts
CSIPSD said:
That was a suttle banks jab. My stage II's have a tough time hitting above 35.

·
1,921 Posts
It really depends on what you are going to be doing with the truck. If you don't tow much if at all you'll be OK. The IC would still be good but you can get by without it. If you do much towing you are going to really need it though or you will be backing out of it constantly.

I think a lot of bigred's boost is comming from his nonwastegated 1.0 housing. Turbo isn't going to last long hitting that kind of boost at all though. I've got a friend with stage Is and an ATS wastegated housing and it works very well. Spools real nice and holds the boost exactly where he wants it to keep the turbo from overspooling.

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
used to be all it was used for was towing, but now it's my daily driver, may see 1000 miles a year towing but thats about it. so I'll see how my EGT's are before i decide if i need an IC. I know it would help majorly, but if i can get by without it that would be great

1 - 20 of 21 Posts