The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
OBS
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much of a gain should I see with 160cc injectors and a 17* HPOP. No fuel system. Fuel should be sufficent w/ stage 1s right?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I dynoed 310hp and 502tq this summer with 1's with stock hpop and fuel. I know if I got different tunes and a 17degree pump it would be alot more. I would honestly say go with 2's b/c your gonna want more when you start. Or at least thats the way I am know. Good luck!!

·
OBS
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what do you run in the 1/4?

·
OBS
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how do you like your 160s circle5

·
Registered
300 Posts
i don't see why 160's wouldn't put you in the mid 300's hp wise, you can get 310-320 pretty easy out of a set of 140cc AD's.

·
1,854 Posts
I love them. I tow alot and my egt's don't get too out of hand in my 60 hp Tow setting from DP Tuner. But i can switch to the 140 and have awesome power all the way through

·
OBS
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have alot of SD buddys. They only have chips or programmers. What do I need to lead the pack? 160cc, 17* HPOP, dptuner?

·
1,854 Posts
im guessing that would do it unless they have more than chips.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Torque is low proably b/c the hpop can't keep up on the top end. I think that its more than 502 going by the seat of my pants!! If you got a set of stage 1's and good tuner SD 7.3's shouldn't be a problem. But I wouldn't mess with the 6.0's quite yet!!

·
1,921 Posts
Fordpowrstroke7 said:
Torque is low proably b/c the hpop can't keep up on the top end. I think that its more than 502 going by the seat of my pants!! If you got a set of stage 1's and good tuner SD 7.3's shouldn't be a problem. But I wouldn't mess with the 6.0's quite yet!!
Your peak torque is at the lower rpm range not the higher. I've seen a pretty good varience in tq vs. hp depending on what all is done to the truck.

With 150cc injectors I've consistantly seen 160-170hp on the same dyno with several different trucks. 160cc injectors will a little over that . Probably in the high 200 to low 300 range. It's going to kind of depend on your tuneing and what other supporting mods you have done. You should be able to get a bit more than that if you start doing other upgrades like HPOP, turbo, and fuel system along with a custom tuned chip preferably with some live tuneing. But those are probably some pretty average numbers.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ya I think the biggest thing that is killing me is tuning right now. I have never set a CEL with the 1's yet.

·
1,921 Posts
You might just have a good hpop. Not unheard of for them to hold 3000 psi with stage Is. Just not all that common.

·
1,386 Posts
I'm making 313 hp and 609 tq with stage 1's and stock hpop. I do set a CEL sometimes when I'm towing in the extreme setting. If I go back to the tow setting I don't get any CEL's. I would like to get a 17* hpop but it's not in the buget right now.

·
1,288 Posts
Stage 1's wake up your truck real nice my buddy bought some injecters from me and bogginf350 see alot more performance and with tuning should be a bad mofo

1 - 15 of 15 Posts