The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i replaced the positive battery cable with some 4/0 welding cable from work and it was starting good for about 3 weeks now. Yesterday i went to start it and it cranked over but didnt start. Turned the key back and it kept cranking by itself. So i jumped out and unhooked the batteries. to get it to quit cranking. I know the batteries and charged up good. So thats not the problem. It also just blows white smoke while cranking to beat hell. Could it be the soleniod on the fenderwell? What do you guys think?

·
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So i replaced the solenoid on the fenderwell and it didn't do it. So now i'll swap the one on the starter. Anyone else have any ideas?

·
420 Posts
cps???

·
1,726 Posts
If it's blowing a bunch of white smoke out your glow plugs probably are not coming on.

Might be somewhat related to your starter not wanting to quit on it own :shrug:

·
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When i charge the batteries with a charger, then it fires up. but when i put the tester on the batteries they are good. Something is strange

·
1,726 Posts
circle5 said:
When i charge the batteries with a charger, then it fires up. but when i put the tester on the batteries they are good. Something is strange
Batteries are probably shot.

Test them one at a time. If one is bad replace them both.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts