Votes: 6 10.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i want some other's views, opinions, and comments. Coming up on my reenlistment after 6yrs.

A. Get out
B. Stay in
C. No comment
D. Go Reserve or Guard

Reactions: Dualstroke

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok everyone not starting a pissing match but i just wanted some views on these question. From prior and current service members. Thanks Brandon

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok maybe i should say know i have no family meaning kids and a wife

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Ok so i should have said i have no wife or kids

·
TDG Official Poo Flinger
5,268 Posts
!6 years and still going,...unless you can get into a guaranteed, high paying position,...stay in...I hear the job market sucks.

Reactions: SOOTBANDIT

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I here ya tank just found out i made E-5 so its making things more difficult

·
149 Posts
I voted "stay in". After six years you are almost 1/3rd of the way to retirement. Job market sucks and you have a job. Not just a job but a career if you so choose.

LT.

·
Mega-Member
584 Posts
Stay in or go Reserves. I'm in the Reserves now (was active) and it's not so bad. Go reserves, get a job with the govt (like me) and Retire that much sooner.

·
645 Posts
If I had it to do all over again I would have stayed in after my 6 yrs. Just like stated above unless you have something good lined up and its a for sure thing (which there is very little in the civilian world that is for sure) stick with the military. I got out cause of being gone to the desert to much but once I got out I was gone even more for work so the militray isn't all that bad.

·
I now drive a Duramax...
318 Posts
I just re-enlisted last year and don't regret it at all. What branch are you in? I voted stay in...

·
754 Posts
At the end of the day it's your choice but I voted to get out.

As someone who worked my up the ladder from the bottom in my organization I feel it's important to get into something young so that you have an opportunity to build your resume and have better long term prospects in the business world. Not saying the military is bad on a resume but the sooner you can get into the world and start building contacts and reputation in your chosen field you will be better off in the long run.

Don't fling poo at me...just giving my opinion.

·
79 Posts
stay in. if you are coming up on re-enlistment and don't like your current job now is the time to reclass. I have been in for 20 total (5 guard 15 active) only thing i regret is not coming active sooner.

·
85 Posts
Well, it's really a personal choice. However I will say, make sure you have a plan. It's not a decision you want to make based on emotions. I've considered getting out everytime I've came up for reenlistment. However, now that I'm at 12 years it just doesn't make sense (for me anyway) to get out. A retirement check at 38, and I'll still be young enough to do something else. :usflag

1 - 20 of 71 Posts