The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok. newbie here.
Iv'e got an 06' 2500hd crew cab. 6.6L. 54000 miles. have had 1 of the trans cooling lines replaced twice and another replaced once under warranty. now all three lines are leaking again along with the steering gear box. I use the same dealer that I bought the truck from. I rarely pull anything with it. their saying the gm wont stand behind it. I know they have had problems with the steering, and as far as the trans lines go, there's no reason they should be leaking again. It's easy to replace parts, but you first have to fix the problem. anybody have any 2 cents to put in. the cost to fix it is over $1100.00. I was also under the impression the I had a 100,000 mile warranty on the drivetrane. now they say it's only on the engine.

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
I have a couple leaks like you do, I just keep adding to it. From what I gather there really is no fix for the ones that are leaking, I don't understand why.
I've got the leaks too, GM knows the lines are garbage and it seems that they now have "improved" lines.. but who knows, i heard tell of some stainless braided lines from somewhere, but i cant say for sure

If you have an LBZ you have leaky trans cooler lines, its just part of owning one... LOL:fan

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
GM service fixed mine free a year ago and they seem to be dry. Even when mine leaked, it was never really a leak, just a seeping wetness here & there. Maybe one drop every week or something.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm calling the dealer where I bought and have it serviced to see if they had gotten any where with GM. three times in 54,000 to me is unacceptable. 1 once in 75,000 I could see it. I used to have a dodge ram 1500 with the 360 4x4. No.7 cylinder would always burn the electrode off the spark plug about every 10,000 to 15,000 miles. they could never figure out why. but they kept repairing it until I traded it on my chevy. I got rid of it with 138,000. I feel if you have in issue with something thats under warranty, If the problem isn't solved it should still be repaired even after it's out of warranty like my Dodge was. I didn't spend $40,000 on a truck thats mainly used as an every day driver and not even used anywhere nears it's potential to have to replace the trans lines every 15,000 miles. GM needs to step up and admit there's a problem.
thanks for the feed back. If anyone knows of a quality aftermarket company that makes trans lines, just in case GM doesn't stand behind it, I wouldn't mind knowing about it.

·
52 Posts
I`m not one to complain over a little oil under my truck but when my trans line leaked it had to be fixed. The dealer fixed it without any problem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So the new trans lines come in last week and I had them installed.the fitting do look different. Let's see how these hold up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts