The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
a work in progress.......
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just put a new steering box on because i figured it would fix my steering problem and it was leaking but i am still having the same problem i have a tone of play in my steering wheel prob about 5 inches or so and it is not my steering shaft because everything there is tight and when i move the wheel back and forth in the "play zone" nothing turns comming out of my steering box so i dont have a clue what it is or if i can adjust anything so could any one help me out

·
126 Posts
Are u SURE the shaft is tight at the box?Is the box new or just "new' to the truck?

·
Diesel Mafia #67
11,283 Posts
I put one in a 02 2500, Its not ball joints, they dont cause loose steering, it also could be a defective gear box, check your tie rods and get it aligned

·
a work in progress.......
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the box is brand new and it may be lose at the box im not shure and is there any way i can check that and how do i go about fixing that? thanks

·
Diesel Mafia #67
11,283 Posts
hunterzack90 said:
the box is brand new and it may be lose at the box im not shure and is there any way i can check that and how do i go about fixing that? thanks

Fixing the box on the inside... you can.. send it back to who ever yougot it from and say that its defective..

·
soot junkie
194 Posts
Try to tighten the adjustment bolt on top of the box. I just replaced mine as well, and even though the box was new, it was still loose.

·
36 Posts
yea i had the same prob the 4 bolts on top of the gearbox was loose and ther is a adjustment on top of the box and it helps but my steering is still loose and if you have any lift was so ever it makes it worse and it also makes ur steering wheel turn more to the right the bigger the lift.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts