The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed a gear box steering stabilizer on their truck? I installed an 07 track bar and my truck drives ok but there is a little slack in the gear box. My original track bar was worn out @ 90k because of terrible roads in mexico and lots of gravel roads at work. Any input or 2 cents will be appreciated.
Thanks
Cory

·
3,514 Posts
You're talking about the steering box cross member right?
The ones shown here:
http://www.sourceautomotive.biz/steeringsuspension.htm

2 of my friends have them on their 24v's and another has one on his CR. They are awesome, I can tell a huge difference when going from my truck to theirs. I keep meaning to order one and put it on, but I always forget. They are really nice. By now my sector shaft is probably already worn though, unfortunately.
Sean

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I put one on and its awesome. Really impressed with it.

poly performance has the best price I've found. And they are local for me when I'm at school.

·
1,055 Posts
I've got one, can't remember the name, but it did tighten up the steering

·
307 Posts
Are the stock ones junk?

·
3,514 Posts
Well, this is just an new cross member that bolts up and holds the steering gear box in place better. The stock configuration allows the steering gearbox to flex which eventually wears out and damages the sector shaft inside the gear box. So this keeps that from happening. Also, it tightens up the steering because normally some motion is lost to the twisting of the steering box, with the addition of this cross member it all goes to the drag link.
Sean

1 - 9 of 9 Posts