The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
lol your friggin hilarous!! how was the donut man?! i put a single bds steering stab on my truck and it improved the steering wheel while just driving but still got that crazy wobble hitting bumps like in your vid. mind asking how much that double stabilizer kit cost? might have to convert over to that looks great!

·
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol your friggin hilarous!! how was the donut man?! i put a single bds steering stab on my truck and it improved the steering wheel while just driving but still got that crazy wobble hitting bumps like in your vid. mind asking how much that double stabilizer kit cost? might have to convert over to that looks great!
A Big Gulp and that awesome chocolate donut. Oh, baby! It's a large percentage of my diet and I "celebrate" pretty often...

It was pretty cheap, really. Depending on where you get it, it's easily less than $150.

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
really?? where did you get it? lol i thought most of the dual stab kits were like 250+... i def need one as much as i travel... that probably would have helps my steering wobble at the sled pulls couple weeks ago too!

·
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

·
2,821 Posts
Thanks for the info. I am picking up my new to me '11 on Tuesday and I will be adding this sooner than later as it is my one gripe. Otherwise I love it.

Chris

·
187 Posts
A Big Gulp and that awesome chocolate donut. Oh, baby! It's a large percentage of my diet and I "celebrate" pretty often...

It was pretty cheap, really. Depending on where you get it, it's easily less than $150.

Thanks again Epic, another great video. Ill be doing this when I change my tires out..which will be soon. I noticed you have the 315's vs the 325's on my truck. My BFG AT have worn quick, I have around 29k miles, mostly city...and dont see getting to 35k. How are your Toyo's holding up, and how is the road noise..also do your tires rub on a all the way turn to the left at at a intersection when doing a U turn.. Thanks for the video. Actually all your vids have been helpful. Jeff

·
139 Posts
As stated, your videos are all excellent but this one is stellar.

I drive about 300+ miles per week on logging roads with washboard and potholes and this truck is by far the worst I have had for wobble and roughness. (I have had 3 7.3's, one regular cab and 2 crew F350's, and one crew 6.0).

I currently have the 2011 6.7 and will be getting another one next spring and this mod will happen before it goes to work!

I love the before and after.

One question, what program do you use to get the slow motion? I have helmet cameras and would really like to do some slow motion segments but haven't figured that out. I currently use a widows movie maker program.

Thanks again!

·
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks again Epic, another great video. Ill be doing this when I change my tires out..which will be soon. I noticed you have the 315's vs the 325's on my truck. My BFG AT have worn quick, I have around 29k miles, mostly city...and dont see getting to 35k. How are your Toyo's holding up, and how is the road noise..also do your tires rub on a all the way turn to the left at at a intersection when doing a U turn.. Thanks for the video. Actually all your vids have been helpful. Jeff
Hey Jeff,

I really like the Toyos and will get another set when these are worn out. I never take them down to the nubbins and usually change early. I have to have good snow and ice traction where I live. This has been my first set of MT's also and they're wearing about the same as previous tires. As far as noise, they're about the same as a worn set of BFG AT KO's. I ran those BFG's for a decade and I guess I just got tired of them. The MT's are amazing off road and I haven't found a drawback onroad yet.

And yes, the contact the control arms at full lock. I don't notice it in the cab but here's a picture. I expect you have the same marks on yours.

·
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
One question, what program do you use to get the slow motion? I have helmet cameras and would really like to do some slow motion segments but haven't figured that out. I currently use a widows movie maker program.

Thanks again!
Sorry, it looks like I missed your question. I used to use MovieMaker but, like you, wanted a few more features. I'm using Adobe Premiere Elements now. There was agood learning curve for it but I can zip the vids out pretty quick now.

·
139 Posts
Sorry, it looks like I missed your question. I used to use MovieMaker but, like you, wanted a few more features. I'm using Adobe Premiere Elements now. There was agood learning curve for it but I can zip the vids out pretty quick now.
I will look that one up for sure. I have a couple of boys and we all dirt bike and ski in the winter so get lots of footage but would like to slow down the crashes and other cool stuff.

Thanks.

·
187 Posts
Epic, when you also changed the 4 shocks from original equipment, did you notice that much of an improvement. The reason for me asking is when I get the new tires I might as well do the shocks at the same time on all 4 corners if worth it. Truck will have about 35k on the odometer. Thanks Jeff

·
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Epic, when you also changed the 4 shocks from original equipment, did you notice that much of an improvement. The reason for me asking is when I get the new tires I might as well do the shocks at the same time on all 4 corners if worth it. Truck will have about 35k on the odometer. Thanks Jeff
Hey Jeff. Guaranteed you'll notice a huge difference. Very firm and planted on the road but not harsh either. It's one of those things where you don't really notice how poor the OEM shocks are until they're gone. The 9000's are scaled very nicely for these big heavy trucks.

·
187 Posts

·
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Epic, Im ordering the shocks for my F350..Which 9000 should I get.. the 1", 2.5", 4" or stock..Im confused. Wheres the best place to buy. Thanks again. Jeff

http://www.jcwhitney.com/rs9000xl-a...2011j1&_requestid=17777796#prodDetailTabPanel

http://www.partsgeek.com/cart/
Hey Jeff. I got the 2.5 because I have a 2 inch front level. They allowed me to get rid of the little spacers that came with the leveling kit. I actually got mine locally so whoever is cheapest is the best option.

·
187 Posts
Hey Jeff. I got the 2.5 because I have a 2 inch front level. They allowed me to get rid of the little spacers that came with the leveling kit. I actually got mine locally so whoever is cheapest is the best option.
Thank You Buddy. Jeff

·
187 Posts
I finally got my rancho 9000xl and dual stabilizer shocks put on today...nice difference.. I set the fronts at 5 and rears at 7...worth the coin, I really feel the difference... Thanks EPIC. Jeff

·
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I finally got my rancho 9000xl and dual stabilizer shocks put on today...nice difference.. I set the fronts at 5 and rears at 7...worth the coin, I really feel the difference... Thanks EPIC. Jeff

A few months on mine and they are still working great. I really like the firmer steering wheel feel over the loosey OEM feel. Just for fun, I drove over that pot hole last Saturday and couldn't create the wobble.

I have my front shocks set at 5 and the rears at 2 when I'm unloaded. Makes for a little softer ride. When I hook up the trailer I just reach in and rotate the knob all the way up.

·
Tebow-in'...
1,243 Posts
Jeff -

your truck is still stock height, yes? and if so, what shock part numbers did you go with and where?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts