The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone changed out the Stock Stereo unit in a 06 F-350 to one from 08 or newer? I was wondering if the two models are compatible?
I'm looking to have the Aux input and the Bluetooth hands free features and XM Radio and still have the Stock Ford Stereo. Do the newer Ford Stereo Units have these features?

·
Registered
3 Posts
try aftermarket used navigation systems - Kenwood. Cheap, navigation, good sound, parrot hands free system - great!

·
49 Posts
I had an 08 stock with the nav- did not have bluetooth. Now the newer ones have the microsoft sync, bluetooth, etc.

I replaced mine with the pioneer avic 120- I think. (sorry not in truck) Anyway it has bluetooth, back up camera, garmin nav, DVD, more power than the stock unit. I also had the speakers changed and was considering an amp until the owner of the stereo shop I use talked me out of it. He said you will be fine with the pioneers power- of course I would love to sell you an amp, but it will be a waste of money. Guess thats why I've been a 25 year customer of this place.

They also disabled the locks so the passenger can operate nav system at speed

To see what the pioneer looks like I think if you search the pioneer website for installs you will see it under an F350.

The total price was around 2k.

·
Boost Junkie
122 Posts
Too funny, almost 1 yr since the OP! lol, but were still throwing it out there, heheh.....incase the original thread starter is interested, I recently bought a JVC KW-XR610 double din HU off Ebay (got luck, $115!!...can fin for roughly $130 online, not bad!). It has both the front 3.5mm aux & USB input. Has the option for JVC modules that allow for SAT/HD radio, Bluetooth, steering wheel controls, etc. Front/rear/sub RCA's & multicolor selection to match interior colors. Much more power over the factory HU, love the difference in sound, even with the factory speakers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts