The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure when Dodge started using a fob instead of a key for ignition switch. Mine has been sticking occasionally and cannot remove it. Dealer couldn't make it stick when I took it there. They said they have seen a few with this problem and they think there will be a recall in the near future.
Worried that when in town I won't be able to remove it and locked the doors.

Anybody else have this problem?

·
1,324 Posts
I have one in my 2014 Caravan not sure they are identical but mine has a door key hidden in it and removes with the sliding detent on the side with keyless door buttons. I'm able to remove it with fob in ignition and lock the doors.

I see a new ignition switch in your future.

·
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have one in my 2014 Caravan not sure they are identical but mine has a door key hidden in it and removes with the sliding detent on the side with keyless door buttons. I'm able to remove it with fob in ignition and lock the doors.

I see a new ignition switch in your future.
I know about the hidden key. Just don't like the idea of leaving the key in ignition with the undesirables around, looking in the window ........... hmm maybe I will break the window and drive off. So I sit there and work the switch until I can get it out.

·
1,324 Posts
I know about the hidden key. Just don't like the idea of leaving the key in ignition with the undesirables around, looking in the window ........... hmm maybe I will break the window and drive off. So I sit there and work the switch until I can get it out.
By undesirables do you mean 6.0 owners............We may steal your truck:roflol: Yeah I'd be calling Fiat-Chrysler I don't always think dealers are proactive especially with the continued rollout of recalls.

Reactions: Dodgefarmer

·
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
By undesirables do you mean 6.0 owners............We may steal your truck:roflol: Yeah I'd be calling Fiat-Chrysler I don't always think dealers are proactive especially with the continued rollout of recalls.
:roflol: I was trying to be nice and no insult anyone:poke. Since you have a Caravan you are OK in my book. I had a 94 when had to haul kids. Drove it 220,000 miles and the only thing I had to do to it was change a water pump.

Reactions: Weld engineer

·
1,324 Posts
:roflol: I was trying to be nice and no insult anyone:poke. Since you have a Caravan you are OK in my book. I had a 94 when had to haul kids. Drove it 220,000 miles and the only thing I had to do to it was change a water pump.
I should clarify its a company car I've never actually owned a Chrysler product. :happymugs
When you deal with the OEM's and Tier 1's on a daily basis they are all bundles of joy. Luckily your frame and axles are welded to a very high standard.

I'd be at work trying to solve their problems today but I had my own warranty repair yesterday- new ACL installed in my knee.

·
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd be at work trying to solve their problems today but I had my own warranty repair yesterday- new ACL installed in my knee.[/QUOTE]

Here's to a speedy recovery:happymugs

Reactions: Weld engineer

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
My 12 used to do this. Take the gear selector and make sure it is in park. If not it will not release the key fob. The Key fob started in 2010 with the 4th gen (2009 with the light dutys) if it sticks push the gear selector up to park or go back to Drive or any position other than park and back to
park. It should release.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: Dodgefarmer

·
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My 12 used to do this. Take the gear selector and make sure it is in park. If not it will not release the key fob. The Key fob started in 2010 with the 4th gen (2009 with the light dutys) if it sticks push the gear selector up to park or go back to Drive or any position other than park and back to
park. It should release.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I have done all that but it doesn't always work with out several attempts. The dealer thinks there will eventually be a recall as others have had the problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts