The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I am currently looking for my first diesel truck. Im am lookin for a Chevy silverado 2500 Duramax. I Plan on spend close to 20000$. I have looked at a few but they have lil bit over 100k miles on it for bout 18-20k$ Is this a good price for over 100k miles or should I keep looking? Everybody tells me 100k mmiles on a diesel its just bein broke in haha. Well if you guys could help me out, Im dyin to get a truck !!!!!!

·
3,939 Posts
If you find a truck you like, take the VIN to a dealer and ask them to run a service history on it. That can give you an idea of how it was taken care of, and if the truck has any common problems.

For that money, you're probably looking at an 01-03 LB7. The main issue with the first gens like that is injectors. GM has a 7yr/200,000mile warranty on those, and the 01s are starting to age past that warranty...something to think about.

·
TDG Mafia # 81
1,903 Posts
Good luck with your search, I had a 99 Chevy 6.5 Turbo Diesel truck before my Dmax. I absolutely love this truck, nothing even compares. I had everything except a IC on my 99 and it was shy of where the Dmax starts. I had almost $3500 in upgrades on my old truck and like I said, it wasnt even to where my Dmax starts at in power, and the economy of my Dmax in the winter is better than the 6.5 was in the summer!

If you get a Duramax, you will not be let down, trust me. Plus it hauls a F350 perfectly, just ask Nasty Girl and Extendedpower:pointlaugh , but Keith was just along for the ride.

Tony

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I've been lookin at 03 LB7's but they are just over 100k miles. Is 18-20k a common price for a truck with that kinda mileage on it?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hard as hell to find these trucks to

1 - 5 of 5 Posts