The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Formerly F350_Beast
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Buddy of mine has a '04 f250 6.0, superchips flashpaq and exhaust only. He rode with me in my new dodge and said he wanted to race. So we go out on the highway and from about a 40 MPH roll we both punch it. We stay pretty equal up to about 65-70 and I start pulling away from him. We did this a few more times and each time I pulled away from him. We raced once from a full stop and he got me off the line but I quickly passed him up. He claims he's having a problem with his turbo that its not building boost. :haha I think he's full of it, I could hear his turbo spooling up just fine and it's not like he was goin slow, just not as fast as me!

My dodge is stock too BTW! :thumbsup

·
Let it all Ride
1,316 Posts
That's a great kill!!! But he may not have been jiving you when he was talking about having problems because he should have pounded ya. But as said, race what ya brung! Nicely done!

·
Formerly F350_Beast
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a great kill!!! But he may not have been jiving you when he was talking about having problems because he should have pounded ya. But as said, race what ya brung! Nicely done!
I hope he's not havin problems, we just got done blocking his EGR a few weekends ago!

·
You can call me French
623 Posts
Good Race. Tell him to ditch the superchips and get an SCT. He will be much happier with it, I know I was happy when I made the switch from Banks to SCT.

-French

Reactions: Cummins_Beast

·
Formerly F350_Beast
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good Race. Tell him to ditch the superchips and get an SCT. He will be much happier with it, I know I was happy when I made the switch from Banks to SCT.

-French
I've been tellin him to get the SCT since before he actually bought the truck. But so far he hasn't.

·
Hot Rod Farm Boy
1,226 Posts
Tell him to get the SCT and you go find yourself a Smarty!

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
Tell him to get the SCT and you go find yourself a Smarty!
you said it, you might as well save up for your tranny first tho...... your gona toast it in a hurry:thumbsup TQ-converter, VB, billet input... those are a MUST!!!!:happymugs

·
Powered By Ford
2,438 Posts
hmm, you've got the only fast stock cummins in the nation, haha I've never ridden in a 'stock' dodge and been impressed. regardless good kill.

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
i walked all over my buddies truck with my xtreme street file loaded on the sct against his superchip flashpaq all the way up....talked him into gettin sct with xstreet and we neck and neck now.....also one of my buddies has an 04.5 cummins with smarty and on level 9 we are neck and neck from a dig or roll and he starts slowly pulling me after 100+....

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
hmm, you've got the only fast stock cummins in the nation, haha I've never ridden in a 'stock' dodge and been impressed. regardless good kill.
If you think the power these engines make stock is unimpressive then i think you should go ride in a gas powered truck for a while... oh yea thats right, you do all the time.. LOL id say 325hp stock is pretty damn good compared to 10 years prior when it was 160hp stock....:thumbsup

·
1,077 Posts
If you think the power these engines make stock is unimpressive then i think you should go ride in a gas powered truck for a while... oh yea thats right, you do all the time.. LOL id say 325hp stock is pretty damn good compared to 10 years prior when it was 160hp stock....:thumbsup

Lmao. True.

·
88 Posts
i walked all over my buddies truck with my xtreme street file loaded on the sct against his superchip flashpaq all the way up....talked him into gettin sct with xstreet and we neck and neck now.....also one of my buddies has an 04.5 cummins with smarty and on level 9 we are neck and neck from a dig or roll and he starts slowly pulling me after 100+....
nice of you to point that out darin. haha u also have to consider i have a stock tranny that slips and you dont.

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
nice of you to point that out darin. haha u also have to consider i have a stock tranny that slips and you dont.
ahh, that trannys holdin fine!! your puttin down about 75+ rwhp than me too LOL and im sure you know i wasnt talking about you with the superchip and stuff....that was lewis truck....and i wasnt knockin on ya buddy! look at the other post i made...your truck runs friggin good for only mod being a dam tuner :thumbsup

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
nice kill. though i was able to beat my friends 04 with an edge on 35s when mine was stock on 33s. from a dig or 40mph roll i would take him. never was able to get past 60mph though, sure he would have got me.

Garrett

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
yeah, my 7.5L 460ci 94 f-350 was like 190 or so factory rating. i thought it was fast back in the day.

Garrett

·
88 Posts
ahh, that trannys holdin fine!! your puttin down about 75+ rwhp than me too LOL and im sure you know i wasnt talking about you with the superchip and stuff....that was lewis truck....and i wasnt knockin on ya buddy! look at the other post i made...your truck runs friggin good for only mod being a dam tuner :thumbsup
i know you werent knockin on me but y dont u ride with me sometime and i will show you that it slips pretty good. i know it definetly doesnt hold it like it will when i get a built tranny because my truck will run just as fast on a 60 hp tune as it does all the way up. only diference is the amount of smoke.

·
Its Cute Aint it!!
684 Posts
Ive pissed a a guy off the other day in a ford with a superchip cause i was hangn with him from a dig and start pullin the freakin hub caps off. At the next light he was laughin till he relized i was bangin gears and didnt have a superchip like the stickers he saw on my window!!

·
88 Posts
haha good kill!

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
i know you werent knockin on me but y dont u ride with me sometime and i will show you that it slips pretty good. i know it definetly doesnt hold it like it will when i get a built tranny because my truck will run just as fast on a 60 hp tune as it does all the way up. only diference is the amount of smoke.
lets doit!! oh ya i have a race for ya sometime too!! a silver ext cab 6.0...LOL

1 - 20 of 23 Posts