The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey any of you guys know how much a stock 24v pump will hold up horsepower wise (hint) mine is brandnew:shrug:

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have heard threw users on here that it will hold up to 650+...

·
3,514 Posts
yeah with the right combination of twins a cam and injectors as well as proper fueling, these pumps can push some pretty large numbers. Add some nitrous or other drugs into the mix and it just gets higher. What are you looking for in your truck? If you want over the mid 600's on fuel it might be time to start considering a different pump. With that said, at that end of the spectrum even a modified VP44 won't make a huge difference 30-50hp.
Sean

·
393 Posts
I agree with sstockton. If you want to push much over 600 you will have to look at the use of drugs. There has been 700+ on nitrous.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was just wondering thinking about what my choices are going to like

·
3,514 Posts
If you really want all out power, throw a 913 Pump on your 24v. You can get all the fuel you'll need then.
Sean

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
iM just seeing what i could put on there before i have to change the pump i reall dont whant to change the pump

·
Registered
93 Posts
i think its just a p-pump philly

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
how u know difference between a SO or HO

·
Registered
93 Posts
I think and dont hold me to this is that all HO were only offered in 6sp man and the SO came with an auto or 5sp man...this is how i distinguish between the two and the SO came with larger inj pump i think...other guys on here know the differences more in-depth so I am sure they will help you out on the differences

·
3,514 Posts
H.O. were offered in 01-02 and only came in the 6spd and those years the 6spd only came in H.O. 99-00 you could get a 6spd S.O. The 8th number of the vin is a 7 on an HO and a 6 on an SO. The HO pump runs 7mm pluggers/barrel vs. 7.5mm in an SO. The pump on the high output cummins is not to be confused with a hot rod pump. The hot rod pump is different from either of those and will give you between 30-100hp.

the 913 pump is a version of the p-pump. It flows a lot of fuel, a properly set up P-pump can make some really big power numbers, especially with the amount of air a 24v head can flow.
Sean

1 - 14 of 14 Posts