The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was bored today and took of the top part of the airbox and went for a ride.
truck sounds a little better and i figure I might gain a couple hp if im lucky, is this bad for the truck in any way?

·
TDG #97
1,234 Posts
Nope, just pulling in hot engine compartment air... Just watch out for rain cause there is no pre filter or anything like that on it.

·
124 Posts
I was bored today and took of the top part of the airbox and went for a ride.
truck sounds a little better and i figure I might gain a couple hp if im lucky, is this bad for the truck in any way?
It does sound awesome though - I agree :happymugs
I've been running this way for a while. At least while the weather is cool in Michigan I'll stick with sucking in some warm engine air.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I run mine with the top off all the time. I have a greenfilterusa.com replacement OEM style High Performance/Flow filter in the stock box with the Spartan tunes and even with the lid on I've never pulled the filter minder in, no codes, but here is a pic of how I run it most of the time.

Attachments

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
I wonder if a guy jsut bought a spare one and cut the back off of it.... then you wouldn't have as much problems with raind getting in there.....

My S&B like to fill with snow (jsut like stock) so I guess a little moisture doesn't hurt them??

·
568 Posts
I run mine with the top off all the time. I have a greenfilterusa.com replacement OEM style High Performance/Flow filter in the stock box with the Spartan tunes and even with the lid on I've never pulled the filter minder in, no codes, but here is a pic of how I run it most of the time.

Do you know how well those filters flow compared to the other aftermarket one's on the market?

·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool, I didn't get a chance to follow the rubber house that normally feeds into the airbox, I am guessing it runs to an area away from the engine compartment where it can draw the cooler air?

·
568 Posts
Cool, I didn't get a chance to follow the rubber house that normally feeds into the airbox, I am guessing it runs to an area away from the engine compartment where it can draw the cooler air?

Correct. Im not sure where it leads to (I haven't followed it either) but it is somewhere to bring in cooler air.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts