The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 01 dodge 4x4 with 4 in exhaust, k&n intake, banks turbo housing, banks intake pleum, bully dog big fuel kit, and a edge juice with attitude. I am worried im not getting all the power i should from this setup, because my stock clutch is still holding, even with a 4 wheel drive take off in 2nd gear at 2 grand on level 5. I have not put the truck on the rollers yet but i still don't think im getting the power. I have slipped the clutch for a second on a few occasions but it has not been for more that half a second when im grabbin gears. I feel i should be making more power with this setup. Im just tired of gettin beat by gassers.

B

·
0 Posts
You do not have injectors listed as a mod. If you do not have injectors then that is more than likely your problem. With all that listed you have done you are trying to squeeze a watermelon through a straw. Just not going to get enough fuel out of the stockers.

·
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok now I really think something is wrong, I went to the Houston Raceway this weekend and put my truck on their mobile dyno and only made 325 horsepower. One guy ahead of me that has only the edge chip made 320. My egts aren't high rarley hit 1200 degrees and i have no boost leaks. And the VP hasen't thrown any codes to suggest that its going bad. Any help would be greatley appreciate

·
3,514 Posts
I agree with bouncer, your stock injectors are probably what is holding you back right now. Does the Juice run sub levels like an edge comp? I haven't used one so I don't know. that could be your problem too.
Also, is your pump wire tapped, it seems like it'd have to be to even make 325.
I'd look into injectors, either nozzles or complete injectors.
Sean

·
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes the attitude has the sub levels just like the regular comp. box. I think it's the same chip just with a digital guage display. I know I could make more power with different injectors but wouldn't all the other stuff on my truck be worth more than 5 more horsepower? Or are injectors going to make a huge difference, for example since the stock sticks can't flow enough if I put in 75 horse injectors are they going to make 100 hp. Not saying they will but just an example.

B

·
0 Posts
You would be surprised what injectors will do. Like I said above, try to fit a watermelon in a straw.

·
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright well any suggestions on injectors for the setup i've got with some water/meth injection and a new clutch. don't wanna go to big still gatta tow with it

·
3,514 Posts
I really like my Rv275's they keep the EGT's nice and low. With a heavy load on 2x3 I can keep it at 1200 on a steep grade with the box off it hardly breaks 1000. you could also go with nozzles if you want, they are quite a bit more affordable than injectors are.
Sean

·
Mafia member 46
555 Posts
bad_cummins said:
Yes the attitude has the sub levels just like the regular comp. box. I think it's the same chip just with a digital guage display. I know I could make more power with different injectors but wouldn't all the other stuff on my truck be worth more than 5 more horsepower? Or are injectors going to make a huge difference, for example since the stock sticks can't flow enough if I put in 75 horse injectors are they going to make 100 hp. Not saying they will but just an example.
Nope, all the other stuff just will make it run cooler @ the same power level
You need injectors like the others have said. check out f1 diesel's machXX (You decide how big). Here is a link:

http://www.f1diesel.com/

I don't know how big you can go, you are getting close to the limits for the stock turbo.

·
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I'd like the injectors and have looked at the F1's. Nice injectors. I know im getting to the limits of the hx-35 and i want to upgrade to a larger charger but i don't want to have to pull the head and have o-rings maybe just drop in head studs. I don't know what to go with though. I can't really go huge but I would like to be a part of the 400 hp club without pulling the head off. Was gonna go with twins, talked about that alot on here and had some great help but that fell though so anybody got any ideas on this?

·
3,514 Posts
we ran 55psi boost and 468+hp on stock head gasket and studs with an hx40, mach 4's, a drag comp, and hrvp44. We switched to a different turbo after that, but didn't get a good reading on the dyno, do to it breaking. Anyways, it can be done and you can pretty safely run 50psi boost through the stock head studs and gasket on a 24v. If you plan on adding water/meth you'll need studs at least, though. Water/meth bumps up cylinder pressure and that'll do your gasket in.
Sean

B

·
0 Posts
I am running 410hp at 40psi on a stock headgasket with 300k miles and no studs. This is on a HX-35 with a 16cm non-wastegated housing. So it can be done. You just have to know where your limits are, what will work, and what won't work.

I am at my limit now until I get my head o-ringed and my new charger. Then the pump will come off for some flow work.

·
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So if i were to add mach 2 injectors and get the drag box upgrade would my hx-35 with the 14 cm housing handle it or should it get a high tec turbo or maybe and hx-40. Try to keep in mind I still want to be able to tow with the truck

·
Mafia member 46
555 Posts
bad_cummins said:
So if i were to add mach 2 injectors and get the drag box upgrade would my hx-35 with the 14 cm housing handle it or should it get a high tec turbo or maybe and hx-40. Try to keep in mind I still want to be able to tow with the truck
IF the juice is like the older comps, all the drag chip gives you is full fuel on level 5 all the way to redline instead of defueling @ 2700 rpms. If you tow with the box turned down you "might" be all right. I wouldn't use a HX 40, they are too easy to pop and kinda laggy, one of the other turbos would probably work fairly well.

·
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok do you know of a fast spooling single that is capable of 400-425 horsepower.

·
3,514 Posts
I'd say go with the superstock or quick diesel from HTT http://www.htturbo.com/

Also, as far as the juice is concerned it is the same as the drag comp or the hot version is. I talked to edge yesterday, because I was told you could have them clear "Scan codes" out of the drag comp and that it would bump HP up top. the rep said that they can only clear codes out of the Juice to get more power.

I've heard a possible rumor that the juice can be a 200hp box, but I Can't verify that, and since I don't have one I didn't get into great detail with the rep at edge. Please don't take this for fact, but if you do own a juice you may want to call edge and see what they can do for it. I'm not sure what they meant by "Scan Code" but its worth a shot. If you have a juice and contact them, please fill us in with the facts.

Sean

1 - 16 of 16 Posts