1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Diesel Mafia #67
11,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
i dont believe that it is. it is a mechanically-injected 7.3L v8 turbo diesel. made by who? not international. it certainly doesnt have the electronics of a powerstroke. hmm, custom!

Garrett

·
Diesel Mafia #67
11,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
like the ohio cat pulling truck.... 5.9 cummins block and crank the rest custom... heck thats not really a stock block its a billit steel casting of a a 5.9 ( I think)

·
I like beer.
4,301 Posts

·
Diesel Mafia #67
11,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey it still resembles a powerstroke in a few ways.....so it is still a powerstroke.

explain.... a 7.3 "powerstroke" is a DT444 a 6.0 powerstroke is a VT360 ( I think) or its 350 something like that. powerstroke is just a name! the only thing stock about that 7.3 is the block......

·
361 Posts
there was an article on that truck in diesel power not long back.it had a completly custom fuel system.not a powerstroke.

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
how is it this close.......!
i couldnt tell ya/ probably because this is a mainly ford site and they wont let it go.

seriously people, if its a powerstroke, which aftermarket chips or programmers can you use? what about upgraded or dual HPOPs? injectors? turbos? hmm.... you wont find any that will work on this motor. whys that? because its NOT A POWERSTROKE.

Garrett

·
Hacky!
1,197 Posts
I voted no. This is not a powerstroke. C'mon guys, the powerstroke is just a name given for ford. This is probably not even a 7.3 anymore than it is a DT444. I can gaurantee it is bored out and stroked out to more like a 460 or such. So that is that. Besides, it is more like a mechanical stroker or p-pumping stroker. I don't know? I just know it is not a powerstroke no more.

·
Hadley Coal Roller
819 Posts
nooooo way thats a powerstroke. i dont remember where i saw it but whos seen under the hood of that thing. looks absolutely nothing like a powerstroke. at all. end of story.

·