The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to go back to stock height down from my icon 4.5" lift. When I had the lift installed, the company never gave me my old parts back. What I need to know is what all do I need to go back to a stock f250 height, and will I be able to use the icon shocks I already have? Does anyone want to sell me there stock setup? Thanks

·
1,606 Posts
Why you going back to stock?

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Need for speed! Tired of messing the truck up mudding. And I'm the kind of person the usually uses their lift for offroad purposes. Sense I'm stopping the mudding I have no need for the extra air mass and heavy tires

·
101 Posts
Off the top of my head, you'll need springs, track bar, stock rear blocks and u-bolts, and stock steering stabilizer (unless you have the dual setup). If you have the icon alignment cams you'll have to take them out and the radius arm drop brackets. I'm pretty sure you'll have to take out the shocks...the ones for the 2.5 inch kit might work but don't quote me.

Reactions: Super08Duty

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
are the stock blocks 2" for f250s?

·
1,606 Posts
Why don't you just find somebody that wants your lift and trade them for their stock parts and some cash since the lift is worth more?

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
id rather not have my truck down again. if i had another truck to drive then id do that.

·
8 Posts
How soon are you looking to do this? I live in the Houston area and currently looking to lift my truck, by the time I purchase the lift and install it we're looking at about two weeks or so. I would definitely be interested in selling the stock stuff.

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i cant be without my truck for longer then a few days. now if i do find a setup very soon i can sell the lift to you.

·
8 Posts
I might be interested in the lift but right now I am looking at the Icon 2.5 due to the fact I am running 35's on factory 20's and I'm afraid the Icon 4.5 will look funny. I plan to have it lifted in the next few weeks so if you don't find anything let me know, I would be happy to get rid of the stock stuff. Also, give me first dibs and a price for your lift if you want to sell it, for the right price the 4.5 may be more tempting.

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my truck is currently rolling with the 4.5" icon with 35x20s. looks good to me. ill let you know when i get a price figured out.

·
8 Posts
Sounds good, when you get a price can you also send me a full size pic? It's hard to see the lift and wheel combo in the small pic.

·
Texas Member
678 Posts
PM me and you can drive over to Midland one wknd and I'll put you up in a hotel and have you back in your truck the next night. I have a couple mechanics/shop full of tools and lift that can do the swap in a day.

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
PM me and you can drive over to Midland one wknd and I'll put you up in a hotel and have you back in your truck the next night. I have a couple mechanics/shop full of tools and lift that can do the swap in a day.
Thanks man, but i have a 2 post lift and plenty of tools and buddies to help me get the truck done.

·
R.I.P. DAD
3,800 Posts
Hell man your only 45 min from me. I have everything you need just shoot me a price and its yours I'll even meet you half way. I have the springs, shocks, pitman arm, brackets and all that stuff. Why are you going to stock?

Reactions: Super08Duty

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
im pretty much trying to stop my habits of offroading. I have no desire to mud with my truck anymore so i see no point of me having a lift. lower suspension and smaller tires will help me reach higher speeds on the drag strip as well as give me better mileage. Id rather not spend $400+ a tire for something that i really wont use anymore.

·
R.I.P. DAD
3,800 Posts
Ok cool, sounds good. Well let me know if you want it.

·
1,606 Posts
Colton, what are your plans for wheels and tires?

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
sticking with my current 20's. dropping down the a 32" tire...probably a 305/50/20. Not exactly sure what tire im going with yet.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts