The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning i got on the interstate and for about 2 miles my truck blew a steady stream of white smoke. when i got to my office i checked the coolant level, and the oil. everything looked normal. anyone had this happen to them? or does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
forgot to mention, i know my sig says 2007.5 dodge, but i was in my 2008 6.4 this morning when this happened. didn't want to confuse anyone

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have had the same problem while in Regen and it was really cold outside. When I looked back I couldn't even see the cars behind me.
I took it to the dealer and they said it was normal. On another Forum they spoke about this in great detail, several were having this same thing.

·
90 Posts
The same thing happened to me but only briefly. I thought I might have run over a piece of plastic and caught it on the muffler tip.:shrug:

·
SeaPig
241 Posts
metro7100 said:
I have had the same problem while in Regen and it was really cold outside. When I looked back I couldn't even see the cars behind me.
I took it to the dealer and they said it was normal. On another Forum they spoke about this in great detail, several were having this same thing.
Metro man, can we have a link please?
~Mike~:usflag

·
Registered
27 Posts
It was on Ford Powerstroke diesel forum a few months ago. I will look for it.

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
truck went into regen while you were driving.. it happens all the time.. it blows white smoke when your on it.. thats how you know your truck is in regen while your driving.. if your just cruising around your not going to notice anything becasue its just burning off the **** inside the filter... when u hit the gas or jump on it.. it will dump white smoke in a long steady stream.. nothing to be worried about guys

·
SeaPig
241 Posts
And it looks pretty cool too:sly: .
To bad it is my pricey *** fuel going out that tail pipe when it is doing it.:damnit
~Mike~:usflag

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sabbath
I dont know if you have an 08 or not but your statement is totally wrong (not trying to be rude). The 08's dont blow white smoke all the time while in Regen, and most of the time you know your in Regen when your truck is idling at about 1500 rpm and you feel the loss of power. The only time my truck (and several others I have read about in Forums) has left a large cloud of white smoke while in Regen was when it was really cold outside.

·
Registered
27 Posts

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
metro7100 said:
Sabbath
I dont know if you have an 08 or not but your statement is totally wrong (not trying to be rude). The 08's dont blow white smoke all the time while in Regen, and most of the time you know your in Regen when your truck is idling at about 1500 rpm and you feel the loss of power. The only time my truck (and several others I have read about in Forums) has left a large cloud of white smoke while in Regen was when it was really cold outside.
I don;t have a 6.4.. my friend powersmoke18 does.. when were driving around in it and the truck needs to go into regen.. it blows a stream of white long smoke... for about 30 seconds.. so thats why i thought it's in regen

1 - 11 of 11 Posts