The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
Im sorry just had to this get a DODGE!:haha Now im going to get attacked but honestly you will have plenty of 6.4 guru peeps on your hands telling ya what to get

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
The last thing you want is a dodge.... there is a reason that they went BROKE!! so I won't say anything else on that...

But you can't go wrong with a Spartan or SCT. They will give you tire burning power with good throttle response and way better shifting!! Mileage will be minimal, there are some claiming 5 or more MPG but I only saw maybe 3; but the fun factor is more than worth it!

Stay away from the other tuners; they may be chepaer but they are causing MAJOR prblems (trannys especially)

hope that helps

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
The last thing you want is a dodge.... there is a reason that they went BROKE!! so I won't say anything else on that...

But you can't go wrong with a Spartan or SCT. They will give you tire burning power with good throttle response and way better shifting!! Mileage will be minimal, there are some claiming 5 or more MPG but I only saw maybe 3; but the fun factor is more than worth it!

Stay away from the other tuners; they may be chepaer but they are causing MAJOR prblems (trannys especially)

hope that helps
I knew that was coming. First things first FATSO remove that dpf and you will have some improvement. Then get yourself a tuner

·
571 Posts
I knew that was coming. First things first FATSO remove that dpf and you will have some improvement. Then get yourself a tuner
You need the tuner that will allow you to delete the DPF. You just can't delete it.:thumbsup

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
Oh well that suck Dodges you can just delete it with a cel. So automactically you have to spend a couple thousand to get a delete with a tuner?

·
571 Posts
Oh well that suck Dodges you can just delete it with a cel. So automactically you have to spend a couple thousand to get a delete with a tuner?
It will through the truck into a limp mode or wont run.:thumbdown

·
Spartan, True Performance
411 Posts
Need more power and better fuel mileage.... any help would be great
Spartan!! Great power, an increase in economy, and don't think you will find a better instrument that the DashDAQ to monitor your truck with.....

·
R.I.P. DAD
3,800 Posts
You can buy my KEM for 550.00, 150hp, 85hp all dpf delete.

·
190 Posts
Why would you be selling your spartan tuner and delete pipe? If you do not want to answer here PM with your answer. Thank You

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
full delete?

·
1,077 Posts
Why would you be selling your spartan tuner and delete pipe? If you do not want to answer here PM with your answer. Thank You
Me too please.

·
Learning to smoke
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok so no matter what i need to do a delete or dpf? My dealer says don't do it it will destroy the truck???? who should I believe???

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
Tell your dealer that you DIDN"T do it... then drive home order a Spartan and When it arrives pull that crap off and never look back... you will love it other than when you need warranty work cause you will have to put it on.

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
The Spartan is not detectable buy the service tech. Ive had my truck in numerous times for this and that. And others have had major warranty jobs(not tuner related) and the tuning foot print was none exsitent. Cant speak for the SCT. But the Spartan is an outstanding product. Just save money for tires.

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
BUT do I have to change the exhaust??? Or does it just make it that much better?
If you want to delete the DPF then obviously you have to! you can get DPF on tunes but they are only 100hp I think. The best economy seems to come from the high HP tunes (if you can keep your foot out of it!)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts