The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has occured to me that if I drove over my SCT2 or accidently dropped it into the toilet, I'd be stuck with the tune in the truck with no way of getting the truck back to stock.

Is it possible to send the tuner to the dealer (ID in my case) and have that stock tune backed up?

Is there another way?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I have a small software program that will allow an end user to backup their stock file from the Xcal2 to the computer. It's not really used because it's not necessary. We can whip you up a 100% fully stock file in two seconds. :Thumbup:

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
InnovativeDiesel said:
I have a small software program that will allow an end user to backup their stock file from the Xcal2 to the computer. It's not really used because it's not necessary. We can whip you up a 100% fully stock file in two seconds. :Thumbup:
Can I supersize that please with an extra order of fries.....thats impressive Eric....

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does that mean we can go back to our known stock file if the dealer reflashes us to a new strategy?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
No, after a reflash you will need to remain at the strategy. Most of the reflashes also update the FICM, which needs to be on the same strategy as the ECM and TCM.

F

·
0 Posts
Clevelandjim said:
accidently dropped it into the toilet,
What would you be doing with your SCT in the bathroom :shrug: :sofa :poke: LOL

Sorry, I had to.:deal:

·
125 Posts
:pointlaugh

1 - 8 of 8 Posts