The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know if I should upgrade my stock turbo w/ a WW or think about saving up for a BB turbo. I'm pulling 28-30 psi consistently. I don't pull anything I just like to go fast!:Thumbup:

·
Registered
251 Posts
If it were me, I would go with the H2e personally, not alot more money than the BB but it is more reliable and moves more air and is much, much cheaper in the long run if you have to rebuild it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How long do you think the stock turbo will last at that psi??

·
Registered
325 Posts
bigdiesel502 said:
How long do you think the stock turbo will last at that psi??
not long

·
Registered
68 Posts
life of stocker

depends on how long ago it has been rebuilt...if ever. im constantly hitting 40-50 psi on my stocker and i plan for the bearing to last 6-8 months. i think our turbos are plenty capable of supporting 28 psi for a long time1 1/2 years if the bearing was good to start with.

oh yeah its all relitive for me a long time is over a yearLOL

·
Registered
65 Posts
i wouldnt get a WW. It does nothing for performance. I would save up for a
H2e. The BB are expensive to rebuild, but are very good turbos.

If you keep it at 28 psi for a long time, it wont last you long. Its too much heat for the turbo. What are your EGT's at that boost?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My EGt'S are usually between 1200 & 1350 at 30 psi. I don't keep it there very long. Just long enough to get in front of the Dodge in other lane. For the most part I hang around 600 degrees at 5 psi running 70 mph on the hwy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts