The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some good upgrades for my LBZ that are less then 300 or so that i can ask for for christmas? Doesnt have to fit in a stocking. lol

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts
Tie Rod sleeves?

·
TDG Mafia Goon
3,710 Posts
Good call Robert. The Rare Parts Xtreme Tie Rods at DMAX store are $279. I'm looking at them myself.

A set of upgraded brake pads and one set of rotors could be a good call as well

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts
Thanks Josh, I've had my eye on them myself, but never the fundage. :haha

A few companies do make cold air kits for under/around $300, the BD exhaust manifold is around $300 and you can get a guage kit for around $300 as well.

·
Pardue the Traveler
4,023 Posts
Mag-hytec diff-covers are about $300.

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea, i noticed our tie rods are a bit on the small side....problem is im not sure if i want to spend the money on the truck or not guys...i only drive it MAYBE 3 months out of the year..rest of the time it sits.

are the sleeves something that just needs to be done if your hot rodding and launching in 4x4 or do you need to do it for normal to occasional 2wd take offs?

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts
are the sleeves something that just needs to be done if your hot rodding and launching in 4x4 or do you need to do it for normal to occasional 2wd take offs?
If your drag racing in 4WD, towing heavy loads in 4WD, or sled pulling you want the sleeves. If not, save your money for other upgrades.

·
Pardue the Traveler
4,023 Posts
I've heard if you do any serious offroading where the weight of the vehicle is on the front, they are a wise investment.

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea, lol i dont do any of that stuff. i had the dirtbike for offroading and well, im too scared to drive crazy like 4x4 launches and stuff because of my CDL (wreckless driving ticket I loose my job and probably cant get another one)

I dont tow anymore and when i do its going to be a horse trailer with maybe two horses in it.

·
TDG Mafia Goon
3,710 Posts
If your drag racing in 4WD, towing heavy loads in 4WD, or sled pulling you want the sleeves. If not, save your money for other upgrades.
The ones I'm looking at are not sleeves. They are full tie rods. I'm just toying with the idea.

sexy, what do you need? That may make looking for things in your price range easier.

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was thinking gauges......I dont really NEED anything I guess...the truck has enough power for me (but you cant ever have enough power)

I dont want to start with tuners cus i want EFI live, but before i get EFI I need to build the tranny....which is going to be next year before that happends...so im thinking gauges because I'll need those with EFI live.:goodvsevil

·
TDG Mafia Goon
3,710 Posts
I think Chad at Alligator runs some gauge packages that are in your budget.

·
TDG Mafia Goon
3,710 Posts

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
I kinda like the idea of ISSPRO gauges, they are pretty trick, and you can keep adding if you are a gauge hoe.......

Autometers are pretty good too, if your only looking for a set like boost and Pyrometer, then you dont need the ISSPRO setup, the nice thing about classic style trucks is that the tranny temp gauge is built in, and will do fine for someone whos not doing heavy towing...

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I kinda like the idea of ISSPRO gauges, they are pretty trick, and you can keep adding if you are a gauge hoe.......

Autometers are pretty good too, if your only looking for a set like boost and Pyrometer, then you dont need the ISSPRO setup, the nice thing about classic style trucks is that the tranny temp gauge is built in, and will do fine for someone whos not doing heavy towing...
I drive a peterbilt....i LOVE gauges....:happydance

·
3,939 Posts
How hard to install?
Basic. Maybe an hour. Pop joint off knuckle, unscrew outer TR (count turns) and in some cases lock nut, screw on sleeve, screw outer TR back on (same # of turns), screw sleeve back into outer TR end (like jam nut), put joint back into knuckle. Done.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts