The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 1995 dodge 2500 diesel truck and tow a 25 foot trailer. Does anybody know if the rotors with the holes in them are any good? And if they are which ones would you recommend. And do they make a disc brake conversion for my back drum brakes.:thanks:

·
Registered
49 Posts
The drilled rotors will prolong the life, and provide better stopping because they dont get as hot and cool off faster. Not sure about the drum/disk conversion, but im sure somebody makes one

·
Registered
109 Posts
This is from experiance. They do not have the braking power that a standard rotor with upgraded pad will give you. You may be giving up to 30% of the surface area on your rotors. And they eat up pads faster. It has been proven time and time again. The only way the sloted/drilled rotors are usefull are in extreme braking conditions were heat is built up very fast. I like to get out and autox and all do not use slotted/drilled rotors. Only good for track day cars.

On a truck they would be useless. You are better off finding a more agresive pad. Not those dust free pads, there usualy the least agresive. And slaping them on standard rotors. That will give you the max brake surface area and a more agresive pad. That can take full advantage of every sq in. that the rotor has to give.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts