The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Destroked
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried something new yesterday at the Tipton County fair. I took 2 of the small ratchet straps and wrapped one through the coil spring and down around the axle. Then, I took one and attached it to the threads of the shock at the top of the tower and hooked it under the shock bolt at the bottom. No more axle hop!!!! :woot: The whole truck hopped a little at the end of the pull, as you can see it and hear it in the vid attached...enjoy!!:sly: Click here

·
Registered
713 Posts
any video fo me by chance, my camera battery went dead after i laumched!!! the straps worked good for you!!

·
Destroked
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope...:damnit I need to get a new memory stick just for pulling events.

F

·
0 Posts
DAn, looks like you did pretty well, how far did you go? Any pics of how you strapped the front end? I just can't seem to picture what you are doing. :popcorn: Sounds Good!

·
Destroked
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ill get some pics later today....I went 263' and some change...Sled was heavy and the track was a power robber. I put some distance on some guys that I never thought I would have. All I can figure is that finally with the front end strapped down I can stay in the throttle and also keep the front end hooked to the ground......:woot:

·
Destroked
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are some pics.....

Attachments

·
Destroked
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Another pic....Boy is she rough ridin when you strap her down....LOL

Attachments

·
Destroked
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was also 650lbs shy of 8,000lbs too on that pull.

·
Destroked
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
fordt said:
You need to get some weight out front :evil: :poke:
Well...Im workin on it. I just traded my waverunner to my boss for one of his Boss snowplows so, I have a mount and my buddy Scott has a weight braket that he made for his Boss mount. All I have to do is get my bracket on and I can hang weights then, like everyone else....:evil:

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
great ingenuity Dan.....great pull too....
jschall

·
Destroked
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks jschall

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
nice to see another 6.0 geting her done
robert
out

·
Registered
790 Posts
ive been thinkin about tryin somethin like that at the drag strip, even with my rear air bags at 50 psi the front end still lifts up.

luke

·
Registered
91 Posts
lukecline said:
ive been thinkin about tryin somethin like that at the drag strip, even with my rear air bags at 50 psi the front end still lifts up.

luke

I don't know about 4wd but if a 2wd doesn't lift the front it will blow the tires off of it!

·
Destroked
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
birddog55 said:
Dan what kind of air pressures you runnin?
Well...I was runnin 50lbs in the front, then I decided I had too much and dropped it to 30lbs (this was all before straping come into play). But, It seemed to hop more with less air than with more air. So, now Im up to 60lbs in the front and 50 in the rear. Every tire brand is different though depending on tread aggresiveness, ply rating, and size.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Dan, hang weight!:nunu: :sly:

·
Destroked
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
SlowDiesel said:
Dan, hang weight!:nunu: :sly:
Im gonna, Im gonna!!!!!!!LOL

·
Registered
713 Posts
yea track was power robber! i went 279 and manged to get 5th some how!!!
Danny if its sony memorystick i got a spare 256mb one

1 - 20 of 30 Posts