The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I ordered my sct awhile back and I saw the bkg9 code in my battery area. When I scroll through the sct to strategy code it says vxbc3tqbeo. Did I get the right one? It has been working fine for awhile now. Just wanted to make sure since I never removed the battery or anything!

·
1,252 Posts
Hi,

Your strategy shows you to be a JTX2. However, 14-digit code is more accurate than the 10-digit.

Because you generated a 10-digit code it would seem your Xcal2 has an older version of SCT's firmware. If you update your box, to the 1.11 firmware you will be able to generate a 14-digit code and that code will be more precise.

If you want to update your firmware you must take your truck back to stock. Please make sure your USB is secure and your turn off all screen savers. Anything that might disconnect the update before it is completed may cause your box to blank out.

The simplest way to get the 14-digit code is if you know someone who has an Xcal2, ask them to borrow it to get your code. Don't worry about your tunes with us, we can send them to you, if you need them.

Thanks & thanks Chris,
Vivian

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how do I update the software? Also, the bkg9 is in an wasy to see spot by the battery. Is that where it should be? I just want to make sure I'm running the right tune!

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Is there anyway to tell which firmwere version your sct (xcal2) has on it..????
jschall

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
OK,
I hooked the sct up and opened the live load software and it say's I have version 1.11 but I notticed the sct website has a 1.14 update do I need to update to this?
jschall

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
The one that says update your 9400 to the latest firmware...

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Application: 9400 Custom Tuner or 9415 SF Strategy Flash Device
This program is used to update an XCalibrator 2 and XCalibrator 2 SF to the latest firmware release.
Click Here for Instructions on Updating your firmware. Click Here To Download
Click Here to download the firmware Version: 1.14
Click Here for Instructions on using the On-Device Datalogging

·
1,252 Posts
jschall said:
OK,
I hooked the sct up and opened the live load software and it say's I have version 1.11 but I notticed the sct website has a 1.14 update do I need to update to this?
jschall
I was under the impression that the latest release was 1.13. If you do update, please be sure to follow the directions I gave before ... turn off all screen savers and make sure the usb is securely fastened. Otherwise, it can blank out your whole box and although it is not fatal, it is an inconvenience.

Thanks,
Vivian

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
1.11 has the latest update to read the correct strategy. The updates after that aren't needed. The latest is 1.14. Both 1.13 and 1.14 are updates to accomodate GM vehicles.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I just download that, plug the usb/sct in and in will turn itself on and update?

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
download that to desktop...you will also need to download "liveupdate" driver then click on it and it will instruct you on screen...
jschall

1 - 18 of 18 Posts