The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
89 Posts
I have them on my truck. I got them from dfuser. They are recon. I really like them.

·
511 Posts
dont get recon get a set from ecco or federal signal, thats their specialty

·
282 Posts
I have a set from recon. It has an awsome controller so you can change the strobe patterns at a touch of a button... I think you can get them cheaper on ebay.. I think whalen is the brand.. can't remember for sure...

·
Registered
394 Posts
Go to galls.com

·
9 STECK
164 Posts
I got mine on EBAY, Buckeye Equipment I think. I needed different length wires than came with the kit, normally 15' each, so the guy gave me a "deal". 100' of wire, all the plugs and pins, 6 outlet 90w power supply, with 6 clear screw in style strobes for $280 shipped. Took a little more time to wire it all myself, but I have a small touch of OCD so it didn't bother me.:roflmao: The power supply is Whelen, and the strobes are Nova.:Thumbup: Push a button, that you wire in, and you can cycle through the 6 or 7 different patterns, and with another mom push button, you can go to half power to save the strobes. I have the power supply mounted in my center console, I used one of the upfitter switches to turn them on, and I have a small (Radio Shack) mom push button in the lower portion of the steering column for the pattern change. Strobes are in the front turn signals, I just put on the '08 tail lights, and the rear strobes are in the little reflector portion at the bottom, and I added 6" x 2" amber oval signal lenses at the very back of the running boards, mounted to the pinch weld seam. 360 deg of light, AWESOME at night.:rockon:
OFH
:usflag

·
9 STECK
164 Posts
I personally use them when I'm out pullin' some little pregnant roller skateLOL out of the snow banks or helping a stranded guy on the side of the road:Thumbup: . You can never have enough lights. Remember the Firefighter who was killed by a motorist who "didn't see the lights" on the back of the 6 fire trucks on the side of the road in Chicago a couple of years ago? You can never be too carefull. Oh, and I have used them to get the slow driving motorist out of my way on a snowy road when he thinks it's too bad to drive, and I can pass him doing 60:evil: .
OFH
:usflag

·
6,337 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts